U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 11:44 AM

1,505 posts, read 839,916 times

Advertisements

We get a lot of traffic from people wanting to visit. I enjoy reading about all the places to eat or drink. So, I thought I would start a food/drink thread for our great state. If you have some recommendations, please place them here.

Breakfast:
1. Kriner's Diner: Their corned beef hash
2. Gweenies: I enjoy it all.
3. Sno City Cafe: If you have the time

Lunch/Dinner:
1. Thai Kitchen
2. Moose/Bear tooth
3. Hippy salad place by REI
4. Arctic Roadrunner
5. Serranos (their flan...to die for)
6. There is a food truck, and I am not sure of its name. I will have to get it.

Drinks:
1. Moose/Bear tooth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 02:27 PM

2,939 posts, read 2,293,419 times
Brewhouse 49? 49 Brewhouse? Something like that, downtown. I enjoyed the heck out of that place.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,498,498 times
F Street Station if you can get a seat.
Suite 100 off of Dimond & Old Seward.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:06 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,343,350 times
Great idea, Hj!

Fairbanks-ish, in no particular order:

Turtle Club: known for their prime rib, but a lot of people either forget or don't know that the TC has a bar menu that has prime rib dishes (french dip, tips, etc), shrimp and an awesome salad bar for super cheap

Clear Sky Lodge (Anderson): the rib eye, the rib eye, the rib eye. Go out of your way to go here and get the rib eye

Howling Dog Saloon Cafe: tasty bar food. The BLT and the bacon cheeseburger are house favorites

Lane's Quickie Tacos: exactly what it says. The tacos are so delicious and these guys are really nice and very cool. They remembered my name (which is not easy for most people) and what I ordered after I'd only been there once. I get The Alaskan every Saturday.

Irashai AND Ajimi: really good Japanese food. I always waffle back and forth about which one I like best

Bucko's: best coffee; incredibly annoying baristas. Fortunately it's a coffee hut, so the punishment generally ends quickly

Alaska Coffee Roasting Company: great coffee and pizzas, quiche, other yummy things and desserts that will make your mouth water

Bobby's Downtown: lots of delicious Greek food. Possibly my favorite restaurant in town

Friar Tuck's: truly great sandwiches and things. I think they are way overpriced; others disagree.

The Hungry Robot: best pizza around

Old 06-15-2017, 10:01 PM

3,660 posts, read 1,695,142 times
A great little deli downtown is Urban Greens. 3rd & G. I try to go there whenever I'm in Anchorage. Yesterday a Thai lady recommended Thai Orchid as the best Thai restaurant in Anchorage. I used to live near the old Thai Orchid and it had great food back then. Apparently the new Lake Otis and Dowling location is owned by the same people.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:19 PM

2,939 posts, read 2,293,419 times
Lemongrass in Fairbanks is really good Thai food.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:43 PM

18,888 posts, read 24,236,467 times
There's a fish and chips food truck in one of the parking lots on POW that isn't bad.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:38 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,343,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Lemongrass in Fairbanks is really good Thai food.
I always hear that and somehow I never make it there. I will make a point of it.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 AM

187 posts, read 150,123 times
A few of my favorite Juneau eateries are:

Island Pub - Probably my favorite restaurant in town. Amazing pizza and a fun place to grab a drink after work. Their smoked salmon spread & breadsticks are a super yummy appetizer. They also have a yearly pizza contest, so there are always new things to try. It is located just across the bridge in Douglas.

Sandpiper Cafe - Great little breakfast or lunch spot. It's only open until early afternoon and fills up fast, so prepare to wait. It is walkable from the downtown/cruise ship-area, but it is a bit off of the typical path and tends to be full of locals. LOVE their pancakes.

The Rookery Cafe - In the morning this is a good place to get tasty coffee and homemade baked goods, and then in the afternoon/evening you can get really great food. It's also a pretty small space and can fill up, but totally worth the wait. It's right downtown and super accessible for tourists or locals.

Twisted Fish - This one is a total tourist spot, located right near the cruise ship docks and is only open in the summer. I really, really like a lot of their food though and the atmosphere is pretty fun. This is also a good place to enjoy drinks and appetizers with a view.

Tracy's Crab Shack - They have an open-air stand located right downtown. Lots of good seafood. This tends be a super touristy spot, so I usually reserved trips here for when guests are in town. All of my guests have really enjoyed going here to eat though. I like their bisque and crab cakes.

There are a bunch of other good places to eat too, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with their favorites.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM

4 posts, read 1,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
F Street Station if you can get a seat.
Suite 100 off of Dimond & Old Seward.
Planning to visit US and this address is near me, will visit this thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska