U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 09:19 PM

3 posts, read 937 times

Advertisements

So hopefully I'm in the right place! I live in Fairbanks Alaska I live in low income and they never do anything to fix this place they say it is over 70 years old and that they will not fix anything such as closets or windows until the tenant moves out and they renovate. My main problem is the headbolt to plug in my car when it gets below in temperature. Last winter the people who plowed the parking lot ruined maybe 3 headbolts. I told my landlord about it she nonchalantly said I was the one to blame and I may have backed up into my headbolt and broken it. I did not. The headbolt was hanging on by a thread she sent the "maintence guy" out to check to see if it was fine. I am not racist but he can barely speak English and looks at me blankly when I speak to him. He has not really fixed anything and I do not think he is actually qualified to fix anything. I had been asking for years for him to fix my closet he came in twice said it was fixed and it was exactly the and as before he had came in both times. Anyways, I have asked the landlord maybe twice now if she will fix the headbolt she says it's only cosmetic and that the "maintence guy" has checked it and it is fine. The headbolt is hanging on by a thread as I have said and the outlet is usually exposed as we have hoodlum children outside all day and night as their parents literally do not watch them all day long. So my question is, if the outlet and wires are exposed on a head bolt and children have access to it and so does rain etc is this pearly cosmetic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 09:30 PM

8,511 posts, read 14,127,702 times
Call Code Enforcement about the Head Bolt if you don't think it meets the Electrical Code. (Warning they may remove it and never replace it)

What is wrong with the closet that needs fixing?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 937 times
The doors are very hard to close it's like they are dragging in the track instead of on it I have to out all my body weight into opening it and the maintence surpervisor said that's as good as it's gonna get it's an old building and the problem is the housing for the closets which they won't replace until/if I move and they renovate this place which they never will because they are completely lazy and don't care about tenants or the building and I will take that advice I have been doing research and going to try that.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 937 times
I don't care about the closet or anything else I just want to be ensured that my car will not die at -40 from the plug in not working properly. I'm very worried and have been since it happened in the winter and I just don't understand why they won't actually fix it.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:43 AM

5,449 posts, read 5,460,838 times
Perhaps this will help

Alaska Uniform Residential
Landlord & Tenant Act
AS 34.03.010 – 34.03.360

Check out Sec. 34.03.100.** Landlord to maintain premises.

You might want to contact the local state office to see what your options are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska