U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 AM

1,501 posts, read 838,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
I don't know about Anchorage, but FedEx or UPS has literally never delivered on time to anywhere I've lived in the Fairbanks area, or anytime I've shipped to -48 from here. So, I ship FedEx 2-day, then file the service failure claim and get my money back. The FedEx lady actually taught me that!

FedEx EClaims

USPS one rate shipping rates are pretty reasonable, though. And, you can print a label from home and save the hassle of going to the PO.
Does that work when they ship it to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 11:31 AM

1,745 posts, read 1,342,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
Does that work when they ship it to you?
The shipper have to submit the claim, but my family and friends all now have that link, so we all use it for the failed deliveries.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:02 PM

15,585 posts, read 24,962,757 times
The only problems I had had with shipping relate to Amazon and their free shipping for non-Amazon Prime members. It takes a few days for them to ship the item, but once the tracking number has been generated by UPS or FedEx the item arrives on time. Also, while the USPS has Saturday delivery, UPS and FedEx don't.

One also has to take into consideration the time differences (business hours) from the West to the East coast during shipping.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:26 PM

1,501 posts, read 838,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
The shipper have to submit the claim, but my family and friends all now have that link, so we all use it for the failed deliveries.
I'm going to look into this. Take advantage of the feee shipping to lower 48, then have parents send fed ex. Fed ex always takes about a month or longer though.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:36 PM

708 posts, read 191,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music_Man View Post
I still run into businesses in the lower 48 that think Alaska is a foreign country.
My usual comment when reacting to some vendor's horrific shipping rate by phone is "what's wrong with your company....do you think Alaska is on MARS?". Of course this is right before I cancel the order and hang up. Often you can find the same product somewhere else for flat rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska