U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 01:47 PM

229 posts, read 154,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
^ I usually don't agree with you, but stiff has been awful to me on this forum in the past.

As for Marty, real men don't trap furs so that vain, vapid white trash women can wear them to "dress up." I hope that asshat gets caught in one his own traps.
LOL, this should turn into a good thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 03:59 PM

20,426 posts, read 26,555,365 times
^ I imagine that all manner of false parallels might ensue. Before that happens, I'll just say that I've got nothing against the average mofo who hunts caribou for the family table and puts the hide to good use. But this "man" kills animals such as lynx so that urban ***** can look glamorous in the eyes of other urban *****.

LMGDAO -- how ridiculously maudlin.

Marty Meierotto | History TV

Quote:
In bone-chilling isolation just a stone’s throw from the Yukon Territories, he relies on his wits to survive nature’s deadliest obstacles. It’s heart-breaking to be away from his family, but Marty’s inner spirit is calling him to the wild and he has to listen.
I'd gladly tell this POS in person what to do with his "inner spirit."

I think it's telling AF that the biggest advertisers on this show are products for ED.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-23-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 10-23-2017, 08:35 PM

3,980 posts, read 2,968,254 times
Quote:
I think it's telling AF that the biggest advertisers on this show are products for ED.
I myself don't have a problem with trapping, but that's just funny

Old 10-24-2017, 08:15 AM

445 posts, read 334,656 times
There is nothing wrong with trapping/hunting. It is a lifestyle and certainly no worse than any other consumer lifestyle. I did a little trapping many years ago and it is damn hard work, poor return for the time and energy. I did take a moose every other year and dearly miss the meat.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
There is nothing wrong with trapping/hunting. It is a lifestyle and certainly no worse than any other consumer lifestyle. I did a little trapping many years ago and it is damn hard work, poor return for the time and energy. I did take a moose every other year and dearly miss the meat.
I see a lot wrong with trapping so that insipid women can "look fashionable," and as I already clearly stated, it's not in the same category as hunting. Nice try trying to make it about that, though. SMH.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:05 AM

445 posts, read 334,656 times
Quote:
I see a lot wrong with trapping so that insipid women can "look fashionable," and as I already clearly stated, it's not in the same category as hunting. Nice try trying to make it about that, though. SMH.
I don't see the trapping quite the same. It is "generally" done as a means of income. The bulk of the trapping is for martin in Interior and almost all of the folks I knew managed their areas well taking mostly the males out of the population. They have a short life cycle, maybe 3 years and the small harvest is in no way determinant to the health of the population.

I don't see many folks wearing fur in the USA anymore. I think that has gone by the wayside and perhaps it is still fashionable in Europe.

As for hunting, if it is done for a food product and carefully, it too is fine. For example, we cut and process our own meat and I only took a smaller moose every 2 years because that is what we could consume along with quality fish. We made the mistake of going to Florida (got out of there pronto) and the people there hunt for the thrill of the kill ... nothing more, but they do eat the deer. Other than coyotes, no one traps much.

I personally don't think it is reasonable to say trapping is bad and hunting is good ... both end up killing something and the reason to do it is subjective.

Now I bet if they had a trapping season on politicians/congress you'd be all in ... LOL! ME TOO!

Old 10-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:

I personally don't think it is reasonable to say trapping is bad and hunting is good ... both end up killing something and the reason to do it is subjective.
Then we see it differently. Eating is about survival; wearing furs is about vanity. Trapping is a gruesome way for a wild creature to die; hunting at least is usual a swift kill (in case someone comes along and starts blaring about what about the time my uncle shot a deer and only wounded it and blah blah it ran though the woods blah and died a blah blah gory death somewhere because we blah couldn't find it blah -- fing save your straw men for someone else). There's a market for them, btw. I imagine many of the animals Marty kills end up in Asia as well as in the closets of vapid Eurotrash.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-24-2017 at 01:45 PM..

Old 10-24-2017, 03:57 PM

230 posts, read 109,669 times
Love the show! You can tell some of this stuff is "scripted" for TV if you would for certain situations, but overall quite entertaining. The narrator does a great job as well.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:32 AM

14 posts, read 6,456 times
Quote:
If you think that is real or worth the electricity it takes to power the TV I feel bad for you. All of the Alaska reality crap is just that BS crap.
Yes, some parts maybe is TV show, I believe some others, could be "the real thing"...

In any case, i love the show too...! i wish, god help, to try it sometime.....

Old 10-26-2017, 02:55 AM

15,832 posts, read 18,454,406 times
Yes. I really enjoy this show. I watch several Alaska related shows and live vicariously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or