U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2019, 09:13 PM
 
198 posts, read 59,248 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Iím watching Alaska state troopers on Netflix and everyone is drunk on each episode
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2019, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Wasilla, AK
6,397 posts, read 3,472,507 times
Reputation: 13242
We're number one for alcohol abuse. Not a statistic to be proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 12:56 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
1,768 posts, read 1,156,113 times
Reputation: 2128
Beautiful state, but the cold and days upon days of darkness make humans depressed and thus craving drugs and alcohol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
7,106 posts, read 11,885,701 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
I’m watching Alaska state troopers on Netflix and everyone is drunk on each episode

Almost 90% of our calls were alcohol related. Mostly though it was repeat offenders. Not everyone in Alaska is a drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 07:45 AM
 
725 posts, read 413,288 times
Reputation: 2452
It its any consolation, northern Canada has the same problem. Many Aboriginal towns have passed bylaws that prohibit possession of alcohol, but that only encourages boot legging. Some of the towns have introduced banishment for alcohol sellers. That only moves the problem to someplace else. Its not a solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 02:29 PM
 
Location: on the wind
5,061 posts, read 1,969,034 times
Reputation: 17857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
Iím watching Alaska state troopers on Netflix and everyone is drunk on each episode
Considering that this is a TV SHOW heavily edited and compressed to keep sated viewers interested, why wouldn't it seem that way? Of course they are going to showcase people behaving badly. Do you think it would be entertaining to watch the troopers encountering sober people? Or people not doing anything wrong?

Of course some people drink. Some people drink a lot. A lot of people drink a little. If you want a meaningful measure of problems with alcohol consumption there are better sources to get it from than TV shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Alaska
233 posts, read 97,300 times
Reputation: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
Iím watching Alaska state troopers on Netflix and everyone is drunk on each episode

Everyone?
Well that is disturbing... I've been in Alaska for the last 12 years I wasn't aware that all the State Troopers were drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
7,106 posts, read 11,885,701 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Considering that this is a TV SHOW heavily edited and compressed to keep sated viewers interested, why wouldn't it seem that way? Of course they are going to showcase people behaving badly. Do you think it would be entertaining to watch the troopers encountering sober people? Or people not doing anything wrong?

Of course some people drink. Some people drink a lot. A lot of people drink a little. If you want a meaningful measure of problems with alcohol consumption there are better sources to get it from than TV shows.
Wow! Another know nothing know it all. Maybe find another forum to troll. It's all a matter of public record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 03:54 PM
 
20,903 posts, read 27,007,025 times
Reputation: 14202
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Wow! Another know nothing know it all. Maybe find another forum to troll. It's all a matter of public record.
?

Are you saying that these reality shows aren't edited?

Alcohol seems to be a significant factor crimes all over. I'm sure the same kind of show in another state would be similar to Alaska State Troopers in that respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
7,106 posts, read 11,885,701 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
?

Are you saying that these reality shows aren't edited?

Alcohol seems to be a significant factor crimes all over. I'm sure the same kind of show in another state would be similar to Alaska State Troopers in that respect.
Not saying that reality shows aren't edited or scripted. I am saying that the scenes shown on the Alaska State Troopers show are unedited. They are recording and showing what actual happened. Does a lot of video they shoot end up on the cutting room floor? Absolutely. It's an accurate depiction of what takes place. Take a look at the Daily Dispatches that the Alaska State Troopers post everyday.


https://dps.alaska.gov/dailydispatch/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top