Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:09 PM

27 posts, read 121,038 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am German and I fell in love with the most beautiful Yup'ik girl in the world. She lives in the Yukon delta.

Just wanted you to know.

Takeo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
Hi,

I am Alaskan and I fell in love with the most beautiful Swedish girl in the world. She lives in the Smaland province.

Just wanted you to know too.

Rance

Old 04-12-2008, 02:22 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Hi,

I am German and I fell in love with the most beautiful Yup'ik girl in the world. She lives in the Yukon delta.

Just wanted you to know.

Takeo.
That's great news Takeo! My nephew, who is part Yupik, has fallen in love with a German girl, and is engaged to be married. They are in Germany now. It's certainly a small world we live in...
Best wishes to you and your new love!

Bud

Old 04-12-2008, 02:40 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
I'm 3/4 Yup'ik, no one loves me...lol. I'm finally meeting a gal from Malaysia that has been living in England for the past 5 years for college. We've been talking online for the last ten years, should be interesting to finally meet her. Takeo, where is she from? I live on the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:56 PM

Talking In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I'm 3/4 Yup'ik, no one loves me...lol. I'm finally meeting a gal from Malaysia that has been living in England for the past 5 years for college. We've been talking online for the last ten years, should be interesting to finally meet her. Takeo, where is she from? I live on the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta.
Hello !

I am not telling exactly where she lives, (you might try to steal her away from me) but if you are from Bethel and if everything were frozen over, you might get there in a day, maybe, with 7 good young dogs and a light sled, traveling East. If you look in the right direction from the top of 3 step mountain, she'd be right over the horizon.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:33 PM

Ah, Three Step Mountain...

That way? (south)

Old 04-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Smile In Love

Ok ok, one and a half hour upstream by boat, 15 minutes flying. But that is all I am going to say.

Hmm...I sortof, kinda, sense that you also think that Yup'ik girls are the most beautiful in the world. (Which would mean you have excellent taste).

I have been browsing this forum for the last three hours or so and your pictures are breathtaking.

My parents were German but I was raised by an Ainu girl (from the most northern part of Japan. Google: "Ainu") and I found out that the Yup'ik and Ainu culture have much in common, since not far away.
For us, the owl is a sacred bird. There are no owls in Alaska as far as I know (are there ?). Anaallr'sh (spelling ?) told me that the birds carry the spirits. That is also my belief. I think she can talk with the birds. She is very special and I think she knows the ways of the Gods.

I called her half an hour ago on Skype and told her about the beautiful pictures on this forum. Maybe she will come here.

Takeo.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
Online relationships. Well, I fell in love with a wonderful, beautiful lady from England, myself in Michigan. We traveled back and forth for a bit and are now married, living here in the states soon to be AK.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Ok ok, one and a half hour upstream by boat, 15 minutes flying. But that is all I am going to say.

Hmm...I sortof, kinda, sense that you also think that Yup'ik girls are the most beautiful in the world. (Which would mean you have excellent taste).

I have been browsing this forum for the last three hours or so and your pictures are breathtaking.

My parents were German but I was raised by an Ainu girl (from the most northern part of Japan. Google: "Ainu") and I found out that the Yup'ik and Ainu culture have much in common, since not far away.
For us, the owl is a sacred bird. There are no owls in Alaska as far as I know (are there ?). Anaallr'sh (spelling ?) told me that the birds carry the spirits. That is also my belief. I think she can talk with the birds. She is very special and I think she knows the ways of the Gods.

I called her half an hour ago on Skype and told her about the beautiful pictures on this forum. Maybe she will come here.

Takeo.
Two villages then, depending on your motor size would be Akiak or Tuluksak. Has good friends in both villages. Next time you talk to her on the phone, ask her if she knows who the person on the radio here is that does the birthday line, she'll most likely know who I am.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:40 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
Yes we have owls in Alaska. More than one kind actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska