Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 PM

26,486 posts, read 36,326,066 times

Advertisements

Glad to see you finally admitted making a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 10:05 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,605,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Glad to see you finally admitted making a mistake.
I'm sure you would do the same, except it would take up so much of your time...

Of course this is still much the same as your excitement over typos and misspelt words. It doesn't change the validity of the logical argument, and only provides you with another opportunity for gratuitous commentary about my person rather than facing your inability to provide factual and logical support for your quaint opinions.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 PM

What quaint opinion might that be, Floyd? This discussion concerns the theoretical moving of the capital. Perhaps you tell me what might quaint opinion on that subject is, since you're the all knowing oracle here. Eh?

As far as my supposed excitement over your grammatical mistakes et al, the purpose of this board is, after all, discussion. Typos and misspelled words are of no consequence as long as they don't potentially change the meaning of what is being conveyed--but your now and then lapses into gibberish don't do the conversations that you're trying to have much justice in that respect.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:31 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,654,137 times
I..for one...am glad to see you two are still getting along!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:15 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,902,658 times
Quote:
Well, Ray, User2 would never post such a thing.

Capital Move History (broken link)

Seems it passed in '74 but most of us knew that already.

The leg. has a special session coming up in a couple of months. I wonder if they'll try to move it somewhere besides Juneau because of the power issue.
Maybe they could bring the issue to the ballot box all over again, but it would be just as easy building a road to Juneau. That way it will take 50 more years of arguments about the traffic on the road, specially during the summer months with all the RV's from AK the lower-48. At least most of us could drive to Juneau leaving behind some cash at the gas stations lining the road

Old 04-20-2008, 11:19 PM

Lol.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,654,137 times
Yes build a road! Maybe some tunnels. And charge a toll! The toll road to Juneau! The million dollar tunnel...that...paid for itself!

Pass that on Xa'at. You can even tell them you thought of it. Glad I could help!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Yes build a road! Maybe some tunnels. And charge a toll! The toll road to Juneau! The million dollar tunnel...that...paid for itself!

Pass that on Xa'at. You can even tell them you thought of it. Glad I could help!
No...no! She would just spend the money buying things to make her life easier. Well, maybe she could buy a Honda 5000-watt inverter generator instead

Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,797,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
No...no! She would just spend the money buying things to make her life easier. Well, maybe she could buy a Honda 5000-watt inverter generator instead
Perhaps the solution is to base cruise ships there & use their generators. Free electricity & overcooked lobster for all.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,605,174 times
Quote:
What quaint opinion might that be, Floyd? This discussion concerns the theoretical moving of the capital. Perhaps you tell me what might quaint opinion on that subject is, since you're the all knowing oracle here. Eh?

As far as my supposed excitement over your grammatical mistakes et al, the purpose of this board is, after all, discussion. Typos and misspelled words are of no consequence as long as they don't potentially change the meaning of what is being conveyed--but your now and then lapses into gibberish don't do the conversations that you're trying to have much justice in that respect.
Well there we are again, with another series of multiple post from you that are totally off topic and consisting of nothing other than gratuitous personal insults.

That is the best indicator we could ever find to demonstrate the fact that if my articles are compared to yours, you'll come in second every time if the quality measured is effectiveness.

I would also like to point out that the Terms Of Service for use of this forum forbid personal attacks. You have repeatedly drifted from discussion of an appropriate topic to gratuitous insults. If you do it again I will start reporting them as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska