Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 PM

26,506 posts, read 36,360,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And--illegal is illegal. I just don't have any sympathy for it, no matter what part of my salad they picked. Sorry but--no I'm not.
Most of the salad stuff that you're going to get in the store on POW is coming from Chile or Cali. There's a great little company out of Washington--can't recall their name but I have them on my home computer (the boss is away and the mice will play online today); they ship boxes of organic produce to SE AK; pretty good way to support non-illegal agriculture. You might already know about it; if not I can post it later.

I know that they recently passed legislation in Oregon that makes it really tough to get a driver's lisence unless you can prove you're a citizen; there were protests at the Capital building concerning that last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 02:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,515,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Whoops! Nope. I hate Bush more than I hate fossil fuels, homophobes and bigots, and farm raised salmon. Detest him to my very core. Wish he would keel over dead in the middle of one of his "speeches" in which he espouses freedom and then puts more and more restrictions on it, smote down by God in her endless wisdom. Wasn't it W who said, "there ought to be limits to freedom."?
It just seems to me that there are a lot of whiners who could be doing a lot to improve our fair country, but instead sit around moaning about how illegals are ruining it. SO, get off your rump and do something progressive. Volunteer in your community. Go plant a tree. But for godsake, quit being such a cry-baby yourself.
Well put Xa'at, you & I should run for office!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:26 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,855,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Most of the salad stuff that you're going to get in the store on POW is coming from Chile or Cali. There's a great little company out of Washington--can't recall their name but I have them on my home computer (the boss is away and the mice will play online today); they ship boxes of organic produce to SE AK; pretty good way to support non-illegal agriculture. You might already know about it; if not I can post it later.
Full Circle Farm

Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM

That's it; thanks, Xa'at. I'd give ya rep but it won't let me.

Not sure if I hate W more than farm raised salmon; they are at about the same level of toxicity I believe.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:30 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,855,142 times
Quote:
That's it; thanks, Xa'at. I'd give ya rep but it won't let me.

Not sure if I hate W more than farm raised salmon; they are at about the same level of toxicity I believe.
Well, I think of it this way... Farm raised salmon probably cause cancer, but it's not for certain. If you ate W, you would probably have very little time to live. The salmon probably taste marginally better, too.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
If you ate W, you would probably have very little time to live.
Well, I did get 93% or some such on the test Rance posted last winter that told how likely we were to cannabilize our fellow human ceatures, but I don't think I'd even try that one if he were steam baked in honey mustard.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,055,759 times
So much for rump roast for supper this night

Old 05-08-2008, 02:44 PM

959 posts, read 2,353,121 times
Quote:

I know that they recently passed legislation in Oregon that makes it really tough to get a driver's lisence unless you can prove you're a citizen; there were protests at the Capital building concerning that last week.
Ya---post it if you find it, Met. I am interested.

And yes--Some states are getting tough on the driver's lic. thing

Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Xa'at posted it just a minute ago but here it is again:

Full Circle Farm - Certified Organic Produce - Welcome

Old 05-08-2008, 02:46 PM

959 posts, read 2,353,121 times
Just saw that Xa'at posted it--thanks Xa'at!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska