U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:29 PM

11,765 posts, read 17,956,916 times
How many days are you going to do the trip in Sarah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 09:24 PM

143 posts, read 382,576 times
Not quite sure... I'm stopping off in South Dakota to see a friend and visit the National Park I use to work in. I don't really have a deadline but I plan on driving about 10-12 hours a day... Maybe 7-8 days?

Old 06-08-2008, 02:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,276 times
Default Welcome Target

Sarah, many of us who can appreciate the differences between WalMart and Target will be ecstatic when your store opens Oct. 12. No comparison between the two as far as quality of products and employees. The last thing we need is another place to buy fire arms. Do they want to buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond also? The photos of the new AK Target stores on their website are super. Hope everyone takes the time to notice the Alaska flag motif on the side of the building when they drive by on Palmer/Wasilla Hwy. Good luck with your trip to Alaska and with your job. We'll be looking forward to seeing you and know you'll find many well qualified hirees who will enjoy working for such a good company!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 AM

11,765 posts, read 17,956,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonetoalaska View Post
The last thing we need is another place to buy fire arms. Do they want to buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond also?
Yes I'd like to be able to do that. One stop shopping saves gas.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:21 AM

1,986 posts, read 2,894,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonetoalaska View Post
Sarah, many of us who can appreciate the differences between WalMart and Target will be ecstatic when your store opens Oct. 12.
People seem to appreciate Walmart more than Target. Both companies opened their first stores in 1962. Walmart has been much more successful than Target - about 6 times the sales. In today's bad economy Walmart seems to be thriving.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,930,126 times
Quote:
No comparison between the two as far as quality of products and employees. The last thing we need is another place to buy fire arms. Do they want to buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond also?
Ah, speak for yourself regarding the firearms. You're definitely in a tiny minority with that opinion. Regarding the quality of products and employees? Not a dime's worth of difference. I have nothing against Target whatsoever but your statements had no basis in fact.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 AM

143 posts, read 382,576 times
So I should be meeting with the head honcho over the Wasilla Target store sometime this week. He was suppose to get in over the weekend so I should have some answers as to hiring dates fairly soon. I'll be sure to post when I hear something!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 AM

763 posts, read 1,505,147 times
I take the family to the firing range whenever possible. "Family friendly" does not preclude guns, but can you make it mandatory for the young thugs to pull their pants up? I don't want my kids seeing other people's underwear.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,174 times
Cool Sarahb82

Hey sarah.
I just moved to wasilla from Eagle River. I haven't lived here very long i use to live in Valdez but transfered to Chugiak during my senior year. i would love to get an update when im able to apply for target.
Thank you
Lerissa beer.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 PM

632 posts, read 1,257,294 times
I LOVE Target. Had no idea that Wasilla was getting one. If I'm still in AK when it opens I'll have to venture down and do some shopping. Finally AK is getting a decent selection of stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska