Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 02:53 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,403,166 times

Advertisements

Husband, myself and our 2 dogs drove down to the lower 48 (first time for me), many times for him. Loved the scenery. But, let me tell you, here in Ohio it is hot and humid lol. We'll be heading to N.Y. and Conn. also where it is hot. I keep looking at the temperatures back home in AK., and sighing. One of our dog's was born in AK and was never out of the State, she is feeling the heat; other dog was shipped from lower 48 to us 5 years ago and she doesn't like it either.

From Canada we came down into N. Dakota to make Ohio first. Gas expensive in Canada. Finding it to be around $3.89 where we're at. So good to see my family but wish it wasn't so darned hot and humid. Any complaints about the weather up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 07:52 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,738,970 times
Not by me. It's perfect. It was 70 above here on the north slope the other day! And it was hot!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:45 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,400,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Husband, myself and our 2 dogs drove down to the lower 48 (first time for me), many times for him. Loved the scenery. But, let me tell you, here in Ohio it is hot and humid lol. We'll be heading to N.Y. and Conn. also where it is hot. I keep looking at the temperatures back home in AK., and sighing. One of our dog's was born in AK and was never out of the State, she is feeling the heat; other dog was shipped from lower 48 to us 5 years ago and she doesn't like it either.

From Canada we came down into N. Dakota to make Ohio first. Gas expensive in Canada. Finding it to be around $3.89 where we're at. So good to see my family but wish it wasn't so darned hot and humid. Any complaints about the weather up there?
Global Warming appears to be isolated to the lower-48. Well, it is a campaign year so that may explain all that hot air.

This June in the Mat-Su Valley is one of the coolest, most overcast, and wettest I can recall in the last 17 years. We haven't had a week-end yet this month when it wasn't raining. Of course that doesn't stop me from going fishing, but it does put a damper on my golf game.

Unfortunately, the fishing also hasn't been particularly good thus far. They closed the Deshka because so few Kings returned. Montana Creek/Susitna confluence is equally bleak, and the Little Su is still too high and murky. On the bright side, the first run of Reds on the Kasilof have been strong this year, and there is no shortage of halibut in Kachemak Bay

Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,204,787 times
84F here today. Way too hot for me. It's days like this that I stay in doors with all the curtains/shades closed due to the heat. I hate it! What's even worst, is the hot nights staying in the 60's or more. Was nice over the past weekend, just into the upper 50's and low 60's.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,867,558 times
Well the temperature made it up to 102* here at the house & 108* on my errands around town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska