U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-30-2008, 05:58 PM

20,963 posts, read 21,287,408 times
Looks like a very smart purchase...
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 06:39 PM

11,760 posts, read 17,384,203 times
Great link Glitch!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 PM

2,485 posts, read 3,674,918 times
Default I take back what I said

about no summer access. I just talked with someone today who made it back there in about 2 hours by ATV. He built a cabin this winter and just got back there to check it out.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM

316 posts, read 498,879 times
Well, he did get back there Two hours one way by ATV is a heck of a slog, though. I went riding in the White Mountains north of Fairbanks this past weekend and rode an hour and a half one way--19 miles. Half of it was fast trail and the other half was a slog through muskeg. I'm just saying that if it takes two hours, it is not "just around the corner".

From the HOA link, there are some recent pics of trail work done by the homeowners, though.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 PM

15 posts, read 25,641 times
WOW!! My daughter and I walked into the subdivision at mile 120 to another piece of property I bought at the north end of the subdivision and it took us about 1.5 hours one way. That must be the worlds slowest ATV. LOL

Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 240 times
Default Trapper Creek Sub, me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichor View Post
You guys are really knowledgeable and might be able to help me with a question. I bought a piece of land sight unseen through the OTC program offered by the State of Alaska. It may not have been a smart thing to do but it already done. The lot is located in the Trapper Creek Glen Subdivision, Lot 1 Blk 21.
Meridian: S Township: 027N Range: 006W Section: 36 Section Acres: 4.
Using a topo map would answer the question, is the land wet and not useable? I have not been able to figure out what site to use to find the piece of land.

Thanks Dixie Lee
Hi Dixie,
I bought a piece of land in this subdivision too last year. I have visited many remote parcels of land all over AK from the DNR, but not this one. Some I've been happy with and some not. I think most of these lots are wet in the summer, but most activity sounds like it goes on in the winter when snowmachining is popular. Most people build and haul materials in the winter because it is so easy to pull sleds and get around. My parcel is lot 8, block 27. The views have to be awesome though. I have pictures and maps that I have found in my research. Feel free to email me for more info. mromont at yahoo

Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM

219 posts, read 168,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mromont View Post
Hi Dixie,
I bought a piece of land in this subdivision too last year. I have visited many remote parcels of land all over AK from the DNR, but not this one. Some I've been happy with and some not. I think most of these lots are wet in the summer, but most activity sounds like it goes on in the winter when snowmachining is popular. Most people build and haul materials in the winter because it is so easy to pull sleds and get around. My parcel is lot 8, block 27. The views have to be awesome though. I have pictures and maps that I have found in my research. Feel free to email me for more info. mromont at yahoo
Don't hold your breath, Dixie hasn't posted here since 08-18-2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska