Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:53 AM

655 posts, read 916,599 times

Advertisements

After 26 years up there in Alaska, I must admit I have been enjoying the day after day of mid 80s. I just spoke with my last relative there in Alaska and she said it has been the worst summer for weather, ever! I was there till June 20th and you all had about 2 days of sun up to that point. My sister said no sun at all since and very cold. Well no worries folks, winter is just round the corner. bwahahahaha! Sorry, just can't help myself. Just checked the forcast and it shows at least two weeks of drizzle, rain and constant clouds. How I did it for 26 years, I'll never know. Best be going, my golf buddies are calling me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
You do know that to much sun is far worse than to much rain right? Personally I wouldn't trade this place for anywhere else on the planet.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:59 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,104,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You do know that to much sun is far worse than to much rain right? Personally I wouldn't trade this place for anywhere else on the planet.
Points to you, Rance...it wouldn't allow me. The rain does not keep me indoors...I don a raincoat if I truly feel the need to, or just don another layer and I am out! Thank you for your positivity - it's preferred to the opposite

Old 07-18-2008, 03:00 PM

655 posts, read 916,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Points to you, Rance...it wouldn't allow me. The rain does not keep me indoors...I don a raincoat if I truly feel the need to, or just don another layer and I am out! Thank you for your positivity - it's preferred to the opposite
stawman's argument. Rain never kept my indoors either, but it did not prevent me from wishing for a sunny day. You know, one or two during the entire summer season would be nice.

Fact is most people enjoy the sun, convince yourself anyway you like, but the fact remains, people like the sun and in Alaska, this summer, you got NONE!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,104,306 times
Well...there is sun, it is merely blanketed by clouds - and I still have had sunburns with the cloud cover. If I had NONE - it would be a very dark sky indeed
I do like the sun...just not the sun of never-ending 100º+ beating down on my red-head and fair skin! The days of sun we have had were quite lovely, and so are these days of rain - in their own way.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post

After 26 years up there in Alaska, I must admit I have been enjoying the day after day of mid 80s. I just spoke with my last relative there in Alaska and she said it has been the worst summer for weather, ever! I was there till June 20th and you all had about 2 days of sun up to that point. My sister said no sun at all since and very cold. Well no worries folks, winter is just round the corner. bwahahahaha! Sorry, just can't help myself. Just checked the forcast and it shows at least two weeks of drizzle, rain and constant clouds. How I did it for 26 years, I'll never know. Best be going, my golf buddies are calling me.
Where are you currently at?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
agree rance! I love Juneau and whatever comes with it. rain,sleet,snow,or sun. Sunshine is waaaaaaaaay over-rated. Lived all my life in an area with sun,sun,sun; no winter to speak of and temps ranging 95+ too many months.

Quote:

Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
absolutely 100% incorrect. The temps haven't soared by any stretch of the imagination; but I've seen lots of sunny days. Is there a particular city in Alaska you're dissing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Fact is most people enjoy the sun, convince yourself anyway you like, but the fact remains, people like the sun and in Alaska, this summer, you got NONE!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:50 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Quote:
I have to agree & I haven't visited yet. But my window is under a month!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Why is it that when you want a couple of sunny weekends to play golf people go on a rant about "too much sun" being bad for you? We've got hardly any sun at all this summer. Two sunny days during the last two months does not constitute "too much sun" unless you're a Vampire. If I wanted to grow mold in my ears from the constant rain, I would've moved to the panhandle.

Oh, and "to much sun" is not worse than "too much rain." With too much rain, you have people drowning. With too much sun, you have southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska