U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 2,097 times

Advertisements

not this government it is a coalition we never voted for them or wanted them uk is not the land of the free
our rights and opinions are never considered no matter who you vote for the rich always seem to get the government they want not the average person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 01:24 PM

15,574 posts, read 32,685,012 times
Sounds just like our government.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 PM

878 posts, read 1,284,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf346 View Post
not this government it is a coalition we never voted for them or wanted them uk is not the land of the free
our rights and opinions are never considered no matter who you vote for the rich always seem to get the government they want not the average person
You better pipe down or your government is going to take away your steak knives next.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,038 times
Myself and my husband would love to live here,, weve worked hard all our life and aint anti guns, we just want a different lifestyle for our children. I am
an qualified beautician but went into the pub business so I am a licencee.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 846 times
The poor guy asked for advice not for you all to start attacking each other... ****ing keyboard warriors!

You can only try buddy, I'd love a future in Alaska.

If you want it bad enough, I'm sure you'll get there!

Old 09-19-2015, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 754 times
Default uk reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The pay is higher in AK than many other states but it's for a reason: if you want to live a typical modern lifestyle, your expenses will be high. If you want to grow/supply all your own food, cut wood for heat, etc., that's another matter, but from the sounds of it you aren't that type of person. BTW, since you're British, what's your stance on guns? AK is the wrong state for an anti-gun Brit to move to IMHO. Some common British attitudes would be best left in Britain.

Hi there, my name is gavin
Im from the uk i wasnt offended by your comment, but would like to know what attitudes you mean? i think outsiders think all britts hate guns when thats not the case, Im an avide beliver that a gun is a great tool.

all the best gavin

Old 01-08-2016, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 607 times
Quote:
The pay is higher in AK than many other states but it's for a reason: if you want to live a typical modern lifestyle, your expenses will be high. If you want to grow/supply all your own food, cut wood for heat, etc., that's another matter, but from the sounds of it you aren't that type of person. BTW, since you're British, what's your stance on guns? AK is the wrong state for an anti-gun Brit to move to IMHO. Some common British attitudes would be best left in Britain.
don't mind

Old 09-14-2016, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 375 times
Really interesting how a person's beliefs about a whole country and most if not all brits can be based on that countries laws to quote the lovely arctichomesteader

Quote:
There are always exceptions as I implied in my post. I don't dislike the British really. But to say Britain isn't quite an anti-gun place would be hard, and to say that's not the result of popular opinion would also be hard. I made my statements earlier because I take my rights quite seriously and while I welcome immigrants who will also appreciate the freedoms here (and I know some, I'm still good friends with a few people I met in college who are immigrants, one English, one Argentine, one Ukrainian) and who don't try to force their views on us.
I personally quite like the fact we don't have so many school massacres. Call me a fool, a bumbling brit or whatever else floats your boat, but personally, I am quite glad we don't have the right to carry a gun. Why you may ask? Simple answer, if I got angry there would be a few less idiots in the world and I would be locked up. Saves me getting in trouble

Joking aside, guns are necessary for certain places, and you would be a fool to think otherwise. However, if you think they are necessary for other places and it's your right to arm yourself, then I am sad to say you are equally a fool.

So to sum up, I disagree, we are not an anti-gun culture, I possibly have an anti-stupid idea of how best to look after your community. I also take my rights quite seriously, but more seriously I take my fellow man's rights seriously, like, oh I don't know the right to breath, stay alive, not be shot.

Oops one more point your last word in that sentence "us" like as in them and us, can only us have an opinion and we cannot strive to understand and accept that those thems do not necessarily have the same life experience as 'us', because 'us' is right and them's is wrong - Sorry got silly at the end there, but I hope any sensible person can see what I am trying to say there. Didn't an intelligent person earlier mention bigotry - well played

Well for my first post I certainly had a little rant - One is like the queen, don't you know - loves to make an entrance x

Old 07-30-2017, 10:01 AM

3,276 posts, read 1,502,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmhtsos View Post
Hi to all i want to ask you for somethink. I am from Greece and i am a police officer in motorcycle police trainer for policemen in firearms police tacticts self defence and i am Combat Life Saver - Tactical Combat Rescue and i want to immigrate with my wife and my daughter to Alaska. I am 36 my wife 30 and my daughter 4 years old. What i must do to serve the Alaska Community and the flag of USA as a local police officer. Thanks you
To be a police officer in Alaska you need to be a US citizen.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:19 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,976,984 times
Is this a record for 1st and only time posters?!?! I thought our local (MN) renting with an eviction had the record?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska