Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Polar Bears are endangered?
Yes 24 48.00%
No 23 46.00%
Don't know 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,652,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It isn't "wrong" that counts, it's hilarious.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Since I've always been rather pro-oil development, and that post said nothing at all about it... the fine exposure is your necessity to fabricate things to accuse me of.
Funny how when you get caught with your pants down around your knees, you now claim you are "Pro Oil". A couple of posts ago, you claimed the following:

Quote:
You insist that we should have a conversation based on who can create the most incredible fabrication that sounds good for your right wingnut ideological fantacies. But my children and grandchildren want to continue living in Alaska too, and I'd like to leave them with something their children and grandchildren will enjoy as much as I have.

Your fantacies don't take that into account, because all you want is more money now, even if it destroys the Alaska that we know today. Open your eyes and stop dreaming up fabricated fantasies.
I already thanked you for "Outing" yourself, no need to go back into the closet! I have never said "Oil was distroying Alaska", that was your statement....

You really aren't very good at debating....

Old 08-15-2008, 04:41 AM

You really aren't very good at debating....[/quote]
You really try to hard at being hilarious.

You quoted all of that claiming it means I'm not pro-oil. But that didn't say anything about being for or against oil.

When are you going to stop making things up?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post

You really try to hard at being hilarious.

You quoted all of that claiming it means I'm not pro-oil. But that didn't say anything about being for or against oil.

When are you going to stop making things up?

I didn't stutter, I said Thanks!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I didn't stutter, I said Thanks!
You were stammering again, making up fabrications. You claimed to have thanked me for what you said, not for anything I said. Hilarious.

Just for your enlightenment, I've been advocating increased oil drilling, particularly in the NPR-A (literally my backyard) for years; and I have never said what you claimed I did, about oil destroying Alaska. Why do you fabricate so many lies? Why are you so afraid of real issues?

On the other hand, I will say that the influence of "Big Oil" has gone a long ways to destroy Alaska. Ted Stevens appears to be about to bite the dust because of it, and that is going to hurt us all. We have half a dozen or so people in jail, with several more obviously headed that way soon, who either were bribed or were bribing.

Odd how every last one of them is a Republican, eh?

Old 08-15-2008, 07:35 AM

10,063 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Lol, global warming is a crock. In fact, it's one of the most audacious hoaxes every perpetrated. The "evidence" being used to support it is questionable, at the very best. There is far more credible evidence that any warming that happened this century is due to the planet's natural heating and cooling cycles.

Global warming, oh, wait a minute, they now it call it "climate change" because only a minority of lemmings were buying the previous term, is merely a way for politicians to raise taxes and exert more control over people's lives. And it's a proven method for scientists with no integrity to garner huge government grants. A vicious cycle of stupidity.
Well, in 30 years when you are living under water in Anchorage, AK--get back to us on the "global warming crock" thing.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
oh for ****'s sake.

Starlite, there are plenty of people who voted in this poll who haven't really been engaging in the conversation as it would rather be like getting between a couple of rutting bull moose. I voted in the poll. So have others. I doubt that anyone has made up multiple nicks; and fyi they have a system here which really doesn't allow for multiple nicks. And what's with trying to infer that Floyd doesn't really live in Barrow? If you're trying to give your argument more credibility with this kind of thing it ain't working too well.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:36 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,127,072 times
Starlite, just give it up. Floyd does live in Barrow. He has no reason to goto the oil fields to see wildlife. Like Met said, your poll is done and over with. Floyd is a well respected person, he's been here longer on City-Data than you have. You keep bringing up that you are right all the time. Who cares? This thread needs to be locked and forgotten about.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Starlite, just give it up. Floyd does live in Barrow. He has no reason to goto the oil fields to see wildlife. Like Met said, your poll is done and over with. Floyd is a well respected person, he's been here longer on City-Data than you have. You keep bringing up that you are right all the time. Who cares? This thread needs to be locked and forgotten about.
I can certainly understand starlite9's doubts. Floyd has a tendency to manufacture lies to suit his leaf-licking agenda, as has been pointed out on several occassions, in several different threads. This dishonesty brings into doubt anything he may post, including the location where he claims to live.

Also, longevity on City-Data doesn't make one "well respected." The content of their posts and their reputation earns one respect, and Floyd is lacking in both areas.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I can certainly understand starlite9's doubts. Floyd has a tendency to manufacture lies to suit his leaf-licking agenda, as has been pointed out on several occassions, in several different threads. This dishonesty brings into doubt anything he may post, including the location where he claims to live.
Your ability to detect the validity of anything is seriously in doubt there old boy. If you can't even tell that I live in Barrow...

Regardless, I notice that you don't want to be specific in your claims that I posted something that wasn't true. Every time you have, you get blown away and it turns out you just can't figure out what is and what is not true.

Why is it that you have to call anything/anyone you disagree with some kind of an insulting name? Too bad the forum rules are not applied, so that we wouldn't have to tolerate that sort of thing repeatedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska