U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

8,671 posts, read 8,976,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
I think Candle was merely being flippant and sarcastic As is often the case on this thread.
This thread for sure, but have not seen candle respond those theer terms anyplace else... curious....dunt' care - we are not hardly hijacking, if the weezil comes back we will go back to business...
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I think Candle was merely being flippant and sarcastic As is often the case on this thread.
Forgot to ask, is hubby havin fun on CD - or just researching and getting ready????

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
They are great! but you have to clean the scales off and blanch them at least once, then cook again. Otherwise they are bitter, but when they're done right, they are a lot like aparagus, especially slathered with lots of butter. I used to harvest them every spring, you odn't want to take more than a couple from each plant so you don't kill it. Then I'd clean them, blanch them, and freeze.
Okay dum woman here - scales?? butter on anything is good - Like dandelion greens maybe??? without scales, though have not actually done them either - Barkley's wifey called them arugula in our yard, though never saw arugula that big???

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM

4,167 posts, read 5,474,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Forgot to ask, is hubby havin fun on CD - or just researching and getting ready????
Eh...I think he merely signed up for this particular thread, he keeps stating he has 'just the thing to say' to LT. He returns to the slopes tomorrow, he'll invade then

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Eh...I think he merely signed up for this particular thread, he keeps stating he has 'just the thing to say' to LT. He returns to the slopes tomorrow, he'll invade then
Can't wait, shakin in my flip-flops - soon to be slippers, is getting chilly....

Unread 09-02-2008, 10:02 PM

4,167 posts, read 5,474,854 times
I nearly froze the other night, could definitely detect a 'wintery' scent in the air. Yesterday was lovely, today - when the sun was out - was nice, but the breeze is definitely cooler. And it seems every day brings new colours in the trees.

Unread 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM

410 posts, read 605,699 times
Quote:
No, nein, nay....we are on topic

Cannot do anything with shellfish - developed an allergy a few years back - that really sucks, I crave crab legs and shrimp like no tomorrow.

Wanderer - you've been missed. The Grill God caught sight of your colonic busting recipe - thanks

Surely you would be referring to an apprentice of mine as I am, and can prove through the palate, the one and only Flamemiester. Ya ever had a smoked hard boiled egg? Addictive to say the least. Meat to Veggies and some things you can't imagine on the grill.

Seriously though, try the smoked eggs.

Unread 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I nearly froze the other night, could definitely detect a 'wintery' scent in the air. Yesterday was lovely, today - when the sun was out - was nice, but the breeze is definitely cooler. And it seems every day brings new colours in the trees.
Will have to take a pic of our front "island", even since last week has turned colors, mostly fireweed, but scary....I haven't felt the "chill" either, but am sure it is coming...

Unread 09-02-2008, 10:45 PM

410 posts, read 605,699 times
Quote:
Yep winter is a coming. It's cooling off here real quick, let me check, oh yeah, it's already down to 73.

Unread 09-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Surely you would be referring to an apprentice of mine as I am, and can prove through the palate, the one and only Flamemiester. Ya ever had a smoked hard boiled egg? Addictive to say the least. Meat to Veggies and some things you can't imagine on the grill.

Seriously though, try the smoked eggs.
So you going to tell us how to do since the "deli King LT nut" is missing, won't say what is missing....? eggs, smoked, how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska