Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 AM

411 posts, read 956,244 times

Advertisements

Yep, Minnesota nice. A well known commodity from that place of 10,000 lakes and 30 billion skeeters. Bet ya got some scandahooligan in ya too, maybe a little Danish blood? I've got some blood in St. Paul. Ancestors landed in Duluth back in the 1870's from Denmark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times
Yah sure, actually do have Danish rather than Swede like I thought..., man guy grew up in St. Paul, me a little north and west in St. Michael, and then before we moved up here after many residences, from Maple Lake,but loved going to Duluth and the North Shore if camping and there are a lot of flockin skeeters here too - just sometimes not as viscous as the MN ones....

Old 08-13-2008, 02:32 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,641,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone traveler View Post
first of all what is this topograhpy you speak of im lost!

all i know and its simple knownledge is that man can outsmart nature which me and me mates plan on doing...we are bringing a boat load of supplies up they're and WILL survive two weeks and come back to NYC and brag about how wimpy alaska was

this "mission" is also ego driving by the why....who ever brings back the best and biggest bear also gets 10k so bets and odds are also at steak!
You say your flying out? No pilot in this state will fly out any poached bear hides. It would cost them their plane and much more. Plus you'd need to ship them out of state. Which will also become nearly impossible. If you want to prove your manhood so bad, come up here, pay for a non residence bear hunting licenses like a real man, and hunt properly. Good luck and please report back here when you manage to crawl out of the woods.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 AM

2,519 posts, read 6,990,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You say your flying out? No pilot in this state will fly out any poached bear hides. It would cost them their plane and much more. Plus you'd need to ship them out of state. Which will also become nearly impossible. If you want to prove your manhood so bad, come up here, pay for a non residence bear hunting licenses like a real man, and hunt properly. Good luck and please report back here when you manage to crawl out of the woods.
So does this mean it isn't Rance? I just figured it was a troll but then saw the suggestion it was Rance...it would have been a good joke.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,046,993 times
It is unfortunate you've missed this, Marty...it was good for an all-out chuckle-fest. Would you like to be added to the 'welcome committee' list as well???

Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 AM

No it wasn't me! Although I should forward the map and other info to the Fish and Game so's they can set up an ambush. I hate seeing anyone come up here and poach our critters.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 AM

23,152 posts, read 26,038,809 times
I heard a rumor that the op has had to postpone his Alsakan venture due to needing time to recover from mosquito bites after getting lost for 2 days in Central Park.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:21 AM

They'll be lucky to find a pilot that would load them greenhorns up and drop them from 12,000 feet to go camping. They are gonna need a bigger plane than they think if they are gonna start shoving pallets out the door.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,160,069 times
So I went to bed last night and had nightmares about these...

Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 AM

310 posts, read 773,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone traveler View Post
me and me mates plan on parachutting into the woods in between the root 4 and root 2 area, we plan on surviving for 2 weeks out there and getting picked up at the same point.. how desalit is this area of Alaska? how is the wildlife? please drop info

btw it will be 3 of us and in october
I say go for it. Everybody should have a dream. If you can make it happen then you are one of the lucky ones.

If you can, don't tell anyone exactly when or where you are going to do this and make sure everything you take, back packs, parrachute, etc. is quickly biodegradable like your soon to be lifeless bodies. That way they won't have to spend too much on recovery.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska