U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 PM

3,412 posts, read 8,985,097 times

Advertisements

Got ya!! Thanks for the info again!! One more question, if i might, sorry for being a pest. Did you use travel agency, or how did you get about getting on a cruise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM

273 posts, read 633,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Got ya!! Thanks for the info again!! One more question, if i might, sorry for being a pest. Did you use travel agency, or how did you get about getting on a cruise.
There are differing opinions on where you get the better deal. I am kind of a take charge guy with a PC and the Internet, so I felt comfortable doing it directly with the cruise line online. People will say you will get more personalized service and MAYBE a better price by using a reputable travel agent. I guess if I had to recommend a method, if this is your first cruise, go to a travel agent. Do you belong to AAA?

Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 AM

11,836 posts, read 24,874,201 times
I went through AAA arranging mine. Akck my hoodie & vinyl rain poncho held up very well against the rain at Mendenhall. But after the glacier it just wasn't worth going back into town. My wife said that she was too wet here.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 AM

5,352 posts, read 15,758,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I went through AAA arranging mine. Akck my hoodie & vinyl rain poncho held up very well against the rain at Mendenhall. But after the glacier it just wasn't worth going back into town. My wife said that she was too wet here.
Sorry about the rain. We were hoping for a nice weekend (no rain), but this is how our summer has been going. The really bad thing about it is that a plane with two people on it has been missing for a week now and the weather has been hampering searching for them.

Hope the rest of your trip has better weather or at least little rain.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:31 AM

3,412 posts, read 8,985,097 times
I'm looking into Alaks Cruisetours

Alaska Cruisetours : Cruise & Land Tour : Princess Cruises

I wonder how this one is.... Gonna go read some more.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Sorry about the rain. We were hoping for a nice weekend (no rain), but this is how our summer has been going. The really bad thing about it is that a plane with two people on it has been missing for a week now and the weather has been hampering searching for them.

Hope the rest of your trip has better weather or at least little rain.
Sorry to hear that akck. We had a great time in Haines today. The rafting trip through the Chilcat Bald Eagle Preserve was great. Steven was our guide & he knew so much about the plants & animals it was amazing. I want to come back in the winter & see the Chilcat River when it isn't silty. I can see why Alec doesn't want to leave. There are some great looking ladies living in Haines.

Come to think of it there have been great looking ladies in all the ports so far.

Wrennie! Mary did give me the wrong cable. I'll see if I can exchange it in Sitka.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I'm looking into Alaks Cruisetours

Alaska Cruisetours : Cruise & Land Tour : Princess Cruises

I wonder how this one is.... Gonna go read some more.
Take a look at Cruise West too. They have better itineraries than most of the major cruiselines. But they are hideously expensive. Carnival is cheap compared to them, but then you can get more shore excursions, so I guess it all balances out in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska