U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:41 PM

6,272 posts, read 7,793,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
Stevens has nothing to do with the PFD, I'm tired of so much corruption but where you going to go where it doesn't exist, please let me know.

I would have preferred to see Ben go down before his father but I do think we need some fresh blood but in the same token we don't want to lose our seniority, Awe so confused. I won't be voting for Begich to replace Ted, I won't be voting for Parnell nor Benson to replace Young. Lots to consider but must know here real soon.,
Stevens has nothing to do with the PFD as it stands, but once we lose our seniority in Congress, the clowns that are there now will make up an excuse to raid it and we won't have any way to stop them...

These are the same idiots in Congress that want to "Nationalize the Oil Companies"... The Oil Companies already are, it is called shareholders.... Which most of you are if you have any kind of a retirement account that is invested in growth stocks... it is a part of most portfoleos...

Old 08-21-2008, 08:15 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,954,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Stevens has nothing to do with the PFD as it stands, but once we lose our seniority in Congress, the clowns that are there now will make up an excuse to raid it and we won't have any way to stop them...

These are the same idiots in Congress that want to "Nationalize the Oil Companies"... The Oil Companies already are, it is called shareholders.... Which most of you are if you have any kind of a retirement account that is invested in growth stocks... it is a part of most portfoleos...
Congress can't touch the PFD.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,145,693 times
Her thinking process is like a cartoon...

Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

You can't be serious..this all total crappolla, especially the PFD part

You get an A+ for spreading the fear....you must work for the Alaska GOP

Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 AM

1,675 posts, read 4,351,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post

Unfortunatly you are in error about the PFD. There was talk a few years back about the Feds wanting to tap the PFD program, either through less highway dollars or other similar get rich quick schemes. Don't forget we allowed the Feds a higher percentege royalties for Anwar. I think it was from 90-10 split for the state per statehood act to 50-50. Ted Stevens negotiated that agreement I think. As for the PFD thing it was in the News Miner. So go do some research.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:09 AM

A "few year back" isn't what she's talking about...she seems to want people to believe
that that the PFD is at risk currently......which is bs

Old 08-22-2008, 06:03 AM

6,272 posts, read 7,793,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post

No, I just vote for common sense, like I stated, if Ted is guilty by trial, then he should do the time.

You on the other hand are claiming him guilty before the facts are let out, going by the ADN isn't very factual, that and following the "Sky is falling" crowd. That is the kind of mentality, that would be lynching people because "somebody" said "somebody", who know "somebody" may have done something they didn't like...

The PFD is a goose egg with "Billions" of dollars in it, that Politicians will line up on the Federal Level to suck dry... We have some 650,000 residents Statewide verses some 280,000,000+- Nationwide, who do you think will win that game?

It is you that is full of hate and can't grasp the reality of what is at stake... Ted has done a lot of good for Alaska, and I am willing to let him have his day in Court.

As far as the "Feds" not having access to the fund.... Get a grip, all they have to do is cut our State's Federal funding to a point we have to start draining the PFD to provide the same level of services... It is just that simple....

Old 08-22-2008, 09:49 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,398,921 times
Hey Cruncher, I completely agree with Starlite. I can totally see you at the forefront of a lynching mob

Are you even really in this great state???????????????

Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 AM

In reality you two are totally clueless on several levels

You guys fit perfectly into The Sky is Falling mentality

I haven't lynched anyone recently but I'm hoping to... it will be more like a going-away party and I'll be sure to invite you and your side-kick Starlite

Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,398,921 times
So you must be completely anti american huh...considering the laws of this land were founded by great "Americans". One of those laws being innocent until proven guilty. Why are you so against any accused person having their American given right to a fair trial????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Where's you lynching party going to be? Let me know so I can make sure you hang yourself just right...as you've been doing you commy.
Don't know why I would honestly bother, you have the mentality of a kid's cereal...fitting!

Last edited by Rance; 08-30-2008 at 11:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska