Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 03:05 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,794,638 times

Advertisements

Bummer...

Nice try Uncle Ted, you don't get to further your rhetoric in front of a jury of Anchorage republicans...

Sen. Stevens loses bid to move trial to Alaska: Sen. Ted Stevens | adn.com

Old 08-20-2008, 03:12 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,210,272 times
Wow, you sure do hate this person who - I assume - you don't even know. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty???

Old 08-20-2008, 03:31 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,403,166 times
Regardless of what one thinks of Ted Stevens. He did alot for Alaska. He's just "one" of the ones who happened to get caught.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:45 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
One down, several hundred more criminals who should also be tried in D.C...personally I'd prefer to have seen Pelosi or Lautenberg or Feinstein go first...

Old 08-20-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
one down, several hundred more criminals who should also be tried in d.c...personally i'd prefer to have seen pelosi or lautenberg or feinstein go first...
amen!!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,210,272 times
I absolutely agree. No place is perfect but I personally think Alaskans have alot to be thankful for. This is such a beautiful place with lots of advantages (and yes some dis-advantages, especially the cost of our gas and food). I consider myself lucky and blessed to live here.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,019,876 times
They need to charge the president with war crimes along with anyone who agreed with him on this stupid iraq deal.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,522,611 times
I will vote for Stevens because he has done a lot for Alaska, not just the stuff the press "claims" that is bad either.

If he is found guilty, then the Governor will appoint a new Senator while Ted goes to jail, if he is not, then he will be back doing the work for Alaska as he has done for some time now.

Funny how people are willing to hang someone based on rumors before they are proven guilty, don't have much use for that type of idiots.

As far as Veco and Bill Allen goes, he was selling everyone out to save his butt and stay out of jail. Never liked him when he was "Respectable" either.

If you don't like having a Permanent Fund Dividend check, then vote for a new junior Senator... Once we lose our seniority in Congress, the rest will dive on Alaska like rats on cheese in a dark alley...

Had you been here during the D-2 Lands issue, all of our Rep's were junior and we got hammered. Having some money in the bank will be a target of whomever wants it for Federal Projects once we lose any power that Ted and Don have and there isn't a thing you can do about it... except whine a lot...

If you think I am off base, look at what the clowns are talking about charging the oil companies that make a profit, they have no basis for those claims. My retirement funds are hedged in oil company stocks, so that makes me, teachers, construction workers, truckers, police and anyone else that has a retirement account guilty of having good investments and being a stock holder... Yet they claim the oil companys will be Nationalized and owned by the public... do they have any clue that they already are, the term is called "stockholders"...

Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I will vote for Stevens because he has done a lot for Alaska, not just the stuff the press "claims" that is bad either.

If he is found guilty, then the Governor will appoint a new Senator while Ted goes to jail, if he is not, then he will be back doing the work for Alaska as he has done for some time now.

Funny how people are willing to hang someone based on rumors before they are proven guilty, don't have much use for that type of idiots.

As far as Veco and Bill Allen goes, he was selling everyone out to save his butt and stay out of jail. Never liked him when he was "Respectable" either.

If you don't like having a Permanent Fund Dividend check, then vote for a new junior Senator... Once we lose our seniority in Congress, the rest will dive on Alaska like rats on cheese in a dark alley...

Had you been here during the D-2 Lands issue, all of our Rep's were junior and we got hammered. Having some money in the bank will be a target of whomever wants it for Federal Projects once we lose any power that Ted and Don have and there isn't a thing you can do about it... except whine a lot...

If you think I am off base, look at what the clowns are talking about charging the oil companies that make a profit, they have no basis for those claims. My retirement funds are hedged in oil company stocks, so that makes me, teachers, construction workers, truckers, police and anyone else that has a retirement account guilty of having good investments and being a stock holder... Yet they claim the oil companys will be Nationalized and owned by the public... do they have any clue that they already are, the term is called "stockholders"...
Excellent post! You said it exactly the way it is. Thank you.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,794,638 times
Where are the links to support all those so-called facts you stated above or is that simply your opinion ?

You can't be serious thinking that with Ted gone the PFD checks will disappear....please prove credible links to support that weird notion

Quote:
This above is pure rhetoric....where would you come up with something like this....where the link for this ?

Allan isn't exactly the bad guy in all this....look how many Alaskan were found guilty by a jury of their peers and are now serving time in jail

So...your support for Stevens is because he's brought so much money to Alaska, if found guilty will you still have that view ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: