U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2008, 10:51 AM

3,701 posts, read 5,690,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Thanks Kari. What State do you now live in?
Oklahoma. Far cry from Kodiak, hmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 01:37 PM

15,558 posts, read 14,656,861 times
Quote:
You are very welcome Met. That remarked just burned me up here. She was way out of line. I had not said much but was getting really fed-up with some of the "know it all" comments made in other posts. My son's father was killed in a motorcycle accident when my son was 11-years old. At that point we had talked about getting back together - fate, huh?
I'm very sorry to hear that, Pat...must have been so rough, especially at the age that your son was then.

The last time I was on POW the ex and I were driving somewhere, hit black ice on the summit and spun downhill for what seemed like hours but was only about 2 minutes. I kept thinking that it was going to be so hard on Matt to lose us both. When it was finally over I remember thinking that I didn't know anyone else who could have handled that better than the ex did.

Of course she was out of line but she doesn't seem to know any better. And the little snarlings of her type on the internet have no bearing at all in the reality of things.

Drive safely back to the lower 48, Pat. I hope you enjoy your family as much as I have been mine.

Don't ever let an ignorant fool on the internet try to tell you what's in your heart or in your mind.

Mr.Crunch, you owe me one.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-30-2008 at 01:51 PM..

Old 08-30-2008, 01:56 PM

And..

Quote:
Sorry you can't grasp the term of "Alaskan" is how someone feels in their heart, not a time frame of being here. I have been here all my life and there has been a lot of change in the State, some I don't like, some is OK and some is great.
I've already stated differently. Sorry you have such a problem with plain English. And you're just going to have to find a way to live with the fact that I disagree with you; I think that it does involve a time frame, because living in Alaska takes a pretty strong commitment, and commitments involve time. And no, I'm not talking about the legal definition at all here.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-30-2008 at 02:07 PM..

Old 08-30-2008, 02:30 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,351,574 times
I'm sorry if anyone thought my husband comment was a personal attack to Met, it wasn't. I re-read it this morning and saw how it could had been taken that way, that is not how it was meant.
I was only saying how my hubby and I chose to have a big family on purpose and I didn't just "pop" out a bunch of kids like I was trying to still get it right, which I took as a personal swipe from Met.
I have had nothing but negative from Met and for NO reason, I never did or said anything to her to deserve her bitchy attitude she has shown to me. She wants to get in between two other peoples conversation and start showing attitude then that is her probelm. I'm not on here to debate, I was saying my comment about feeling like an Alaskan and how much I love Alaska, just like others have, and she dismisses it with her lovely attitude. I asked her why she acted like that and she goes into something that didn't even concern her and has done all she can to keep it going.

Met I did answer your question about the threat. I told you I took it as a threat, you say it wasn't then fine, let it go.
I am not a confrentational person and am not on here to argue with people, I have made several dear friends here and am not going to keep up this petty arguing because you have a personal grudge against me.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Met I did answer your question about the threat. I told you I took it as a threat, you say it wasn't then fine, let it go
No you didn't. You never stated what it was that you took as a threat.

Quote:
She wants to get int between two other peoples conversation and start showing attitude then that is her probelm.
It wasn't "two people's conversation. This is a public board. It's everyone's conversation.

Quote:
I was only saying how my hubby and I chose to have a big family on purpose and I didn't just "pop" out a bunch of kids like I was trying to still get it right which I took as a personal swipe from Met.
You said a bit more than that. Try taking some responsibility for the idiocy that you type for a change instead of trying to put yourself in the poor little victim role.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:37 PM

25 posts, read 38,064 times
/me wanders through waving at everyone. I'm wearing only a sock. that's right, one sock. ok, back to work I go!

Old 08-30-2008, 02:41 PM

1,333 posts, read 1,719,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
So for all of those who believe in the "power of prayer" how about offering up a prayer for us that I can make the trip with NO pain or problems and same for hubby. Thanks so much in advance! This may be off subject, but oh well, sorry.
I think we've all got you well covered there. Please remember what I said about coming thru Toledo, would love to buy ya'll a cup o joe We seem to be a lot alike. God speed

Old 08-30-2008, 02:41 PM

I have never not taken responsibility for anything I said. I'll say it again. It wasn't meant to be an attack. I was tired and just got home from the get together with other C-Der's. I went back and read it again and saw how it might have been taken that way. Have you never made a mistake? But then again I'm not the only one making the attacks am I?

Your threat was reporting me to get me banned, I thought it was obvious at the time.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Your threat was reporting me to get me banned, I thought it was obvious at the time.

That wasn't a threat. That was a promise. And I didn't mention the word "banned"; so there you go fabricating yet again. But if that ends up happening because of your big dirty mouth, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

So who's watching the little darlings while mommy's on the internet calling people "commie a$$holes"?

Yeah, some morals...

Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 PM

How am I fabricating anything. If you report me it's to get me banned...did I miss something? And I don't have a dirty little mouth. Your level and attitude for debating and fighting is much higher than mine. Again I have had no problems on here especially to this level with anyone other than you!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska