U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,871,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Just sounded like a sour apple post verses a comment.

Yep, when I taxi my plane up to the front of the Lodge, you are coming off the active runway, not been turned into a street that I know of...

Had a guy in town here at the coffee shop the other day, saying he was from Wasilla, was passing though and he knew Palin personally and started trashing her.

I asked him if they had winterized the big fountain in Wasilla for the winter and got the "Soap" out of it from the kids putting it in to make bubbles, and he said yeah on both...

Wasilla don't have a fountain....
You had me going there for awhile and I live here
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
I worked there for a short period last year and it is a great place to get away from the city and into the wilderness. the owner operators are wonderful people and put the guests welfare up front and accommodations are nice and clean. Bettles Lodge is by far the best as far as safety goes for the guests and will bend over backwards to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Prices are more than fair if you consider the cost of flying everything in from 175 miles away. Go and enfoy your stay and know that you have been to the best of the wilderness. Cheryl

Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,943,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl gerhard View Post
I worked there for a short period last year and it is a great place to get away from the city and into the wilderness. the owner operators are wonderful people and put the guests welfare up front and accommodations are nice and clean. Bettles Lodge is by far the best as far as safety goes for the guests and will bend over backwards to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Prices are more than fair if you consider the cost of flying everything in from 175 miles away. Go and enfoy your stay and know that you have been to the best of the wilderness. Cheryl
That is pretty much my view of the place, thanks!

Old 12-25-2011, 09:14 PM

33 posts, read 46,881 times
If you want to taste the real Alaska, Bettles is a place to go. If you want five star amenities, stay in the cities, Alaska or lower forty-eight. Living in the Arctic is expensive, the lodges have to fly everything in, and their costs are high. The experience, though, is one that will last you a lifetime. The only real way to get cheated in Alaska is to book a trip where the only change you will see is what you see out of the window. Like booking a cruise ship, and then spending your time i the bar.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:40 PM

811 posts, read 1,012,296 times
Claude over at Alpine Creek Lodge 65 miles east of Cantwel on the Denali Highway has a nice set up.

Alpine Creek Lodge is a remote lodge in interior Alaska.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,702,859 times
Dadgum! I just looked at Bettle's Lodge website. The place looks incredible! Didnt see any prices..i reckon it must be very expensive...e.g. if you have to ask, you probably cant afford it. Well, I can always dream! Gonna buy me a lottery ticket or two this week!

Old 12-26-2011, 10:10 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,943,039 times
Lots of people that go to remote Lodges in Alaska complain of the prices. You go to Anchorage and those places are expensive! You go to a remote lodge and fail to realize that everything has to be flown in or dragged in by freight sled in the winter, that is very expensive to do! As well as the fuel for the generators, food and hired help to make the experiance a good one for the clients!

Your other option is to get supplies, and hike out to such locations and "Rough it"!

Old 12-26-2011, 10:17 AM

yes, i am sure it is expensive but worth it. i just wonder if anyone has a clue as to about what do these vacations at Bettles cost? no mention on their website, and i am not serious about going as i cant certainly afford it, but am just curious. i can always dream..and put it on my bucket list in case i win the lottery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Lots of people that go to remote Lodges in Alaska complain of the prices. You go to Anchorage and those places are expensive! You go to a remote lodge and fail to realize that everything has to be flown in or dragged in by freight sled in the winter, that is very expensive to do! As well as the fuel for the generators, food and hired help to make the experiance a good one for the clients!

Your other option is to get supplies, and hike out to such locations and "Rough it"!

Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 AM

11,151 posts, read 13,792,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
yes, i am sure it is expensive but worth it. i just wonder if anyone has a clue as to about what do these vacations at Bettles cost? no mention on their website, and i am not serious about going as i cant certainly afford it, but am just curious. i can always dream..and put it on my bucket list in case i win the lottery.
Some prices here.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 AM

hey thanks! well, not as bad as i thought..not like i have to win the lottery...just live a little frugally and save..definitely on my bucket list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Some prices here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska