U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 5,284 times

Advertisements

Doesn't it seem logical that a woman who has given the last 11-12 years of her life to educating kids deserves time to defend herself? She was/is trusted enough to be elected mayor twice in Nightmute, elected 2 or 3 times to be an officer in the school support workers union, had years and years of outstanding reviews by every person she has worked with and for. She has run girl scout groups, coached robotics and run after-school programs. Oh yeah sounds like a terrible person to me. One person is accusing her of things, one that has been proven to be a liar and the town wants to string her up.....makes no sense to me. It is too bad that Bethel is so backwards that innocent until proven guilty has been lost here. Since you all seem to know all the facts, have seen the evidence and have mad up your mind....she has all ready lost everything. What a sad state of affairs.

Craig Faith, Bethel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 PM

21,337 posts, read 30,935,960 times
Does this give her the right to take all this money away?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:33 PM

12 posts, read 20,241 times
It is extreamly sad and at the same time I'm a firm believer in the judicial system and the people of Bethel and I don't think we're backward at all. Nor do I believe that one man, no matter how big he thinks he is, could make all this happen just because he does not like her. I believe there would have to be some facts behind his statements before the police would arrest her, ya know they are not stupid people either. And true, it does not seem logical that anyone would do such a thing if they thought they were going to be caught, but most people don't think they'll get caught. There are lots of illogical people in jails today who were sure they would never get caught.

As for the Mayor thing... I know nothing about it. I'd love to hear from someone in Nightmute who knows, but if you are using the fact that she has been in politics to prove she is honest you might want to rethink your argument. Seems like there have been a few people in politics that were dishonest and trusted at the time they were elected.

She's has clearly had her hand in lots of activities around the schools. One you left out was the school yearbook.... what happened there? Oh yeah, no yearbook and no money and one of those people she worked for had to pull her tail out of the crack. Seems to be an ongoing theme, from what I saw on the court website it was one of those people she worked for in the past that bailed her out this past Spring. Wonder if she's gotten that money back? I doubt it. If she'd ever worked for me I'd be screening my calls.

In the eyes of the law she is innocent until proven guilty. I'm not the law so I'm allowed to believe what I wish, when I wish. I don't have to wait until the end to have an opinion on the subject. If she is found innocent in the end then I'll take the court's word for it and say I was wrong. I wonder if she is found guilty will you do the same? Or will you continue to make excuses for her or justify what was done just because it's sad?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,499 times
Geewiz there Craig Faith, lets not turn this forum into the ole bethelalaska.com forums, for someone who i have no idea who you are, never met you in my life, yet your so intertwined in my entire family by simply throwing our names out there to humiliate simply because you know how to type on a computer and visit a website.

The Peltolas name has done alot for Bethel and the surrounding delta; my dad flew people around this delta for 40 years, doing medivac services long before there were these caravans and jets. People would line up down the runway acting as lights with their snow-gos so he could get a sick or injured person out of the village. He even did search and rescue, finding George Lee in the dead of winter, when it was -20 below zero, in the Nyac hills, when no one else would go out in the blizzard. The 207s you fly round the delta today, he was one of the first, if not THE first to bring that type of airplane out here. Of course its easier to address someone's faults rather then their accomplishments, name in case, look at Uncle Ted Stevens, you forget his 40 years of service to Alaska, but you remember he just got convicted of bribery.

Sure he has alot of faults, sure the Peltola name has alot of negativity associated it to it, just as any name does, you can throw ANY name out to ANYONE and im very sure you will find something negative to say about them.

My Uncle Gene has done alot, before running YKHC, he helped start organizations such as AVCP, being its first president. Dont forget his son Buzzy who's now the Refuge Manager for the entire YK Delta. Yes these people are under the Peltola name.

As for the Hoffman family, which I am also apart of, the entire Hoffman family, dating back to George Hoffman and to the present day Hoffman's have done equally so much to help the YK Delta, i wont even begin to tell you their accomplishments because your so well inter-twined with our family, i shouldn't have to...right?

So if you have issues with me or my entire Peltola and Hoffman family, i highly suggest you call me and talk with me in person. I will be glad to give you my phone number by email and you can meet with the 100+ family members of both the Peltolas and Hoffmans.

Gary Peltola

Last edited by letsfly; 11-20-2008 at 07:59 PM..

Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM

Well said Tundrabunny and Letsfly!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:36 AM

3 posts, read 5,271 times
Wow! I heard about this and just had to check it out. This stuff is extremely entertaining. I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin' but sure seems to me that if it looks like a skunk and it smells like a skunk then it must be a skunk.
Sorry....nothin' profound here.... just my two cents.

grrrrrrr.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 AM

Ok.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM

39 posts, read 82,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskocraig View Post
had years and years of outstanding reviews by every person she has worked with and for.
Craig Faith, Bethel
I think this might be a stretch. "EVERY PERSON"???? I'm quite sure not every person she has worked with would give her a glowing recommendation. For that matter I don't believe any of us could say this about anyone, unless the only job and co-worker you've ever had was your mom.

Craig Faith.... (sounds like a made up name and for your sake I kind of hope it is.) You may want to post an apology for lumping every Peltola and Hoffman into the same mold. I understand you desire to divert the discussion to something else but I don't think this is the way to go.

Anyone know, what the hearing on the 26th is? Is it another "change of plea" or a "send it to the Grand Jury" or a " or a settlement" or a what?

Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskocraig View Post
Doesn't it seem logical that a woman who has given the last 11-12 years of her life to educating kids deserves time to defend herself? She was/is trusted enough to be elected mayor twice in Nightmute, elected 2 or 3 times to be an officer in the school support workers union, had years and years of outstanding reviews by every person she has worked with and for. She has run girl scout groups, coached robotics and run after-school programs. Oh yeah sounds like a terrible person to me. One person is accusing her of things, one that has been proven to be a liar and the town wants to string her up.....makes no sense to me. It is too bad that Bethel is so backwards that innocent until proven guilty has been lost here. Since you all seem to know all the facts, have seen the evidence and have mad up your mind....she has all ready lost everything. What a sad state of affairs.

Craig Faith, Bethel
Makes you wonder how a person can know so much about another person this well. Could this be her trying to "hide" behind a screen name to try and make herself look good? That would be a "sad state of affairs" if you ask me.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:35 AM

39 posts, read 82,691 times
Warptman, I think you might be on to something. That line about her being Cree... didn't that sound a little staged? Her or her husband maybe or one of her faithful lackeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska