Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
I am glad not because "it is over" but because of the outcome which will make America and the world a better place. Witness the unprecedented joy the world over over Obama's victory. The world senses that America chose a first-rate mind and man to lead it.

I must also confess to taking special delight in seeing the sociopaths at Fox News in mourning. More on this tomorrow.
Please don't...

Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Photos of reactions to Obama's win from around the world. This from the Sydney Morning Herald, one of my staples -

Photo Gallery - The world follows US vote - Free USFederalElection2008 images | smh.com.au

Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 AM

The reaction around the world is to be seen and read to be believed. Go to Google News at -

Google News

and type in the keywords "Obama world reaction" to read some of the impressions from around thr globe.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I think it might be best to see if he actually does this country any good before praising him. I'd hate to see you get all embarrassed and stuff.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I think it might be best to see if he actually does this country any good before praising him. I'd hate to see you get all embarrassed and stuff.
I see. Are you embarrassed that your chap screwed up America so bad these past 8 years?

It is amusing to see all the backslapping over someone's relief that he is glad it is all over. This is a singular moment in the history of the American nation. Not some football league that has just concluded. A man of colour, whose forebears were slaves, has been elected President of the United States. It ought to be a cause for celebration for every thinking, conscientious American citizen regardless of where your vote lay. What do we find instead here on this thread? A passel of sore, graceless losers.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:30 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
But many of us do love seeing you "all embarrassed and stuff!"

Lets face it, Barack Obama did more good for the United States of America by merely winning the election than any President in at least the last 50+ years as done. Just by winning!

But given what we've watched Barack Obama do over the past two years to unite first the Democratic Party behind him, and then voters across the country too, it does seem safe right now to assume that Obama does indeed have the ability to lead the US out of the mess we are currently in. Keep in mind that in 2006 polls comparing Obama to McCain showed him winning 28 electoral votes... and polls yesterday (after two years of work by Obama) showed that he would win roughly 360 electoral votes (the latest count of votes says that is pretty close to what it will be).

Old 11-05-2008, 04:34 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
But many of us do love seeing you "all embarrassed and stuff!"

Lets face it, Barack Obama did more good for the United States of America by merely winning the election than any President in at least the last 50+ years as done. Just by winning!

But given what we've watched Barack Obama do over the past two years to unite first the Democratic Party behind him, and then voters across the country too, it does seem safe right now to assume that Obama does indeed have the ability to lead the US out of the mess we are currently in. Keep in mind that in 2006 polls comparing Obama to McCain showed him winning 28 electoral votes... and polls yesterday (after two years of work by Obama) showed that he would win roughly 360 electoral votes (the latest count of votes says that is pretty close to what it will be).

All right...all right...so the Osama won. Now let's all just sit back and see if all of those promises unfold....I highly doubt it and I think all of his supporters "counted their chickens before they hatched."

Old 11-05-2008, 04:42 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
All right...all right...so the Osama won. Now let's all just sit back and see if all of those promises unfold....I highly doubt it and I think all of his supporters "counted their chickens before they hatched."
My point exactly. Count your chickens after they hatch.
They all make the big promises...yet they all fall short on delivering or practicing what they preach. It will be interesting to see if this newly elected prez is any different.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
You voted for Bush twice? And McCain too...

So just why should anyone care what your political opinion is?

Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
You voted for Bush twice? And McCain too...

So just why should anyone care what your political opinion is?
Ah so now you know exactly who I voted for? Floyd, you're just "too full" of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska