Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Hey Satch, don't let that moo-ron get your blood pressure up, he's just trolling anyway. Everyone knows that the only thing California is good for these days is cheap lettuce and bad ideas.

Sacramento is the left-coast epicenter of ridiculously inept and reality-challenged legislation. It's part of a vast, left wing conspiracy to ensure that their system of politics serves as the gold-standard of bad examples.

If you're looking for the best way to run a state government, just see what the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia is doing, and do the opposite.
and to think, many years ago my husband was a political appointee in the late great state of California..

Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Here is something interesting - Schwarzenegger: $4.4B in tax hikes to end deficit - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081106/ap_on_bi_ge/california_budget - broken link)

Maybe Icey should pay more attention to his homeland....LOL, now let's have a pity-party....Thats a lot of zeros isn't it....hmmmm maybe Alaska isn't so bad, but we didn't say it was...laughin my freezin butt off

Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Caribou Barbie comes home. Mudflats gives her take -

Sarah Palin Lands in Anchorage. I Almost Freeze to Death. « Mudflats

Old 11-06-2008, 01:40 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times
Here Little Troll is something for you to chew on.

Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Caribou Barbie comes home. Mudflats gives her take -

Sarah Palin Lands in Anchorage. I Almost Freeze to Death. « Mudflats
Kind of funny actually...he is mocking her shoes,which she obviously was out in the cold too and he is whining about freezing, Mr. Sensible saying she had ridiculous,or as he put it "rediculous" shoes for the weather....his toes are frozen - where was Mr. Sensible's appropriate clothing for the weather...hmmmmmm

Old 11-06-2008, 02:35 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Deb, you are in quite the fine form this day

This all from a bloke who resides in a state that is known for its liberalness (and nuttiness) who voted to ban same-sex marriage and yet, on the otherhand, allow minor children to obtain abortions without the consent or knowledge of their parents?! Boggles the mind...slightly....not much

Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
I know I can only offer a minor consolation...as there will never be another Met...

But I still like you!
Aww, thank you dear.

I think I'll be ok, but it might take a little while. I kinda liked her challenging me, made me think differently. And she could be nice, sometimes.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post

This all from a bloke who resides in a state that is known for its liberalness (and nuttiness) who voted to ban same-sex marriage and yet, on the otherhand, allow minor children to obtain abortions without the consent or knowledge of their parents?! Boggles the mind...slightly....not much
Well with Bush going out, they have to come up with something else to replace BDS. It seems PDS is the logical choice to them since she'll still be active here.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,070 times
Quote:

OOOO, Good Point there Cori

Hey I kinda liked that Caribou Barbie, I think it's a cute name for her.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:

I had always heard that if you want to take something off-the-wall to court, go to California and you'd probably win...

I cannot believe a state with all those people has such a deficit,... 4.4 billion in raised taxes!!! Would think with all moving into the state, they would be making more and have a surplus to work with...I wonder if they have audits on expenses being charged back to the state that aren't "necessary".....that could be interesting....

Last edited by Grannysroost; 11-06-2008 at 03:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska