Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:15 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fau2010 View Post
Icarian: Bush Doctrine is simple...it gives the right for the United States to invade any country preemptively. She should know this especially coming from her own party. As one of McCain's Aides said, "she hasn't paid attention to any foreign policy for the past 10 years." I didn't want to turn this into a debate and if you are so sick of politics why even open this thread? I just want to know an Alaskan's view on Sarah Palin, you don't have to get offended.
But you lied and said related, what is it...you are putting us in jeopardy with the almighty, how could you betray fellow Americans like this...Shame, Shame on you little person....go back to whence you came.... you are evil....back, back, back from us....

Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,999,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
There is not such thing as the Bush doctrine, although there are a few of these floating around in the news media circle.

Bush Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AEI - Short Publications - The Underpinnings of the Bush Doctrine (http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.15845/pub_detail.asp - broken link)

Three Cheers for the Bush Doctrine - TIME

http://www.motherjones.com/commentar...ma_205_01.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../etc/cron.html

Hello Alaska!

Living on a steady diet of sterno and whooping crane eggs can cause you to miss some stuff.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:54 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

AEI - Short Publications - The Underpinnings of the Bush Doctrine (http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.15845/pub_detail.asp - broken link)

America's Age of Empire: The Bush Doctrine

frontline: the war behind closed doors: chronology - the evolution of the bush doctrine | PBS

Hello Alaska!

Living on a steady diet of sterno and whooping crane eggs can cause you to miss some stuff.
Is that what that was...sterno..ick..whoopy crane eggs....no wonder...kills brain cells....

Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:

frontline: the war behind closed doors: chronology - the evolution of the bush doctrine | PBS

Hello Alaska!

There are several so called Bush doctrines, but again, it does not mean that there is such thing as a Bush doctrine Bush created and called as such. That's why you can find so many if you search the Internet.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,077 times
Quote:
There are several so called Bush doctrines, but again, it does not mean that there is such thing as a Bush doctrine Bush created and called as such. That's why you can find so many if you search the Internet.
Ray, he cites Wiki for God's sake. Don't take what he says too seriously. He's an A-1, first class, left-wing Kool-Aid drinker. Now that the empty-suit is president, we'll get to see the idiocy of the "progressive" movement in all it's glory. Or, more accurately, it ignominy.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Ray, he cites Wiki for God's sake. Don't take what he says too seriously. He's an A-1, first class, left-wing Kool-Aid drinker. Now that the empty-suit is president, we'll get to see the idiocy of the "progressive" movement in all it's glory. Or, more accurately, it ignominy.
I was reading an article about the "Bush Doctrine" at Wikipedia, and how such Bush Doctrine was re-edited hundreds of times when Gigbson interviewed Palin.

There are at least seven of so called Bush Doctrines floating around, plus countless Bush Doctrines on the Internet from bloggers and such, with their spin versions.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:

Hello Alaska!

Here are some for you in return:
Quote:
Bush Doctrine? Old American Doctrine!
25 January 2005
Bush Doctrine? Old American Doctrine!, IRED (http://www.ired.com/news/mkt/bushdoctrine.htm - broken link)
Quote:
Bush Doctrine?
adn.com | Open Letter to Sarah Palin: "Bush Doctrine" in Alaska history
That was long before George Bush’s time or even that of his father and it was certainly not called the “Bush Doctrine.” Nor was it called that when Colombia sent forces into Ecuador to attack bases of terrorists (or “insurgents”) operating against Colombia.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
I was reading an article about the "Bush Doctrine" at Wikipedia, and how such Bush Doctrine was re-edited hundreds of times when Gigbson interviewed Palin.

There are at least seven of so called Bush Doctrines floating around, plus countless Bush Doctrines on the Internet from bloggers and such, with their spin versions.
Poor Geechie probably uses Moron.org, the Huffington Post, and the DailyKos as his sources of information. They live in a different reality from the rest of us, where facts and common sense are subordinate to the goals of their nutty ideology.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,652,769 times
Quote:
Wow, Floyd! Take it easy. His perception of what you wrote has a lot to do with what you wrote.
He hasn't got a clue about what I write. Never has.

I paraphrased some ridiculous thing he said once, and his response was to quote something about opening your mouth and proving how dumb you are. My goodness, that was exactly the point of what I'd said! He didn't even realize that who he was calling dumb!

And don't forget, that's the guy who argued that because I post at the same time day he does, I can't be in Alaska an must be on the East Coast! (Where's that put him?)

Ray, you aren't much different...

Old 11-09-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
He hasn't got a clue about what I write. Never has.

I paraphrased some ridiculous thing he said once, and his response was to quote something about opening your mouth and proving how dumb you are. My goodness, that was exactly the point of what I'd said! He didn't even realize that who he was calling dumb!

And don't forget, that's the guy who argued that because I post at the same time day he does, I can't be in Alaska an must be on the East Coast! (Where's that put him?)

Ray, you aren't much different...
You know Floyd, you are one incredibly unlikeable and unjustifiably arrogant jackass. I have blown your pathetic diatribes apart on myriad occasions but yet you still impart this haughty attitude to your posts that isn't backed up by any discernible semblance of fact.

Ray attempts to open an avenue of reasonable discourse and the ALMIGHTY FLOYD FROM BARROW descends upon aforesaid olive branch with a personal insult.

Floyd, you are a joke. You couch your opinions in a veneer of calm civility but if anyone dares dispute your assertions, you lash out with vitriol and sarcastic jibes.

I think the cold up there in Barrow has seriously affected your ability to hold a productive discussion without rancor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska