Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times

Advertisements

FYI. McCain and Palin up by 4 points in the latest polls and 10 points among likely voters. Their lead is expected to increase and some very alarming news coming out about more very scary ties Obama has to muslim radicals in Chicago. I still say you democrats really blew it letting Hillary get away. But hey, I'll take your stupid mistake. Had you nominated her, the issue of experience, national security, the first woman in the white house, and muslim ties would have all been mute. But like always, dems can't think that far ahead.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
At this point in time, I don't know which way I'm going to vote. But, be assured, my vote will be based on proven facts/records NOT on gossip, fabrications, unsubstantiated rumors nor mud slinging.

Foes Use Obama's Muslim Ties to Fuel Rumors About Him

Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
McCain has had several malignant melanoma's removed over the years. Up until the last one, they were all 'superficial' and removed completely with 'clean edges' noted on biopsy. The last one was invasive. He had lymph nodes removed. His facial scarring is a result of that surgery. His malignant invasive melanoma is very serious and could kill him. I believe the percentage for recurrance and survival for McCain as published by his physician is 60 and 64%. Not bad for you and me but for a presidential candidate..... ?? Young men and women abd baby-boomers who were sun worshippers thirty years ago are being diagnosed with this at increasing rates. I personally know of two 20-somethings who were diagnosed with and died from malignant melanoma.

McCain is monitored every 2 to 3 months and to date has been 'clean'.
It is pretty scary all right, but I would bet he is keeping his eye on every little thing. My husband had two removed about 6 months ago, one was very deep and very large but still insitu: (I think that is how it is spelled) anyway, now our daughter who is in her 40s is having one removed this Friday. They think they got it all when they did the surgery a couple weeks ago, this is just a percausion. She had a pre melanoma removed when she was in her late 20s as well. We were raised in So Calif, thought that the beach was meant for frying our skins and she was a competitive swimmer before sun screen was even heard of. Now our younger daughter who lives in Florida is starting to pay a little more attention but still lays out, by the pool daily. I am lucky, though I am very fair skinned I have had nothing but lots of sun spots frozen off. Of course without any make up my face is nothing but a bunch of red spots: If we had only known then what we know now.

I am still not concerned about McCain's choice of running mate, but I do understand if others are.

Nita

Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
At this point in time, I don't know which way I'm going to vote. But, be assured, my vote will be based on proven facts/records NOT on gossip, fabrications, unsubstantiated rumors nor mud slinging.

Foes Use Obama's Muslim Ties to Fuel Rumors About Him
that is the way to look at things and yet, he still scares me. I would have voted for McCain regardless but would have felt much better had Hillary had gotten the nomination. At least we would have had a better idea what we were getting. I know, the libs here are going to answer me with, "we don't know what we are getting with Palin either" remember she isn't running for President.

Nita

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
...remember she isn't running for President.
But, for me that's a big point. I was for McCain before he picked his VP. Now, his history of invasive malignant melanoma (which can advance quickly to death) makes me not so sure 'she isn't running for President.'

Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
But, for me that's a big point. I was for McCain before he picked his VP. Now, his history of invasive malignant melanoma (which can advance quickly to death) makes me not so sure 'she isn't running for President.'
I do know how you feel, but I still have to think about the alternatives: I do not agree with all her stands, but don't buy the no experience theory either, especially when I measure her against Obama. It seems so many of us are looking for new faces, new spark, and change, but now we have a chance and we are not satisfied...

Nita

Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 AM

Here's a good read on Palin. I'm still very much on the fence. I have to admit though, the mudslinging, lies, unsubstantiated rumors, etc., from both sides is making me look further into both parties than I ever have before any election I have been privileged to vote.

Sarah Palin: An Apostle of Alaska | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
This is what I found when I did a search on Obama and the 2nd Amendment. I didn't open any of openly trash sites that came up on the search. Is this what he said?

Quote:
"There is an individual right to bear arms, but it is subject to common-sense regulation, just like most of our rights are subject to common-sense regulation."

Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
we have to agree to disagree on this one. No, until he is part of the family the very first interview would not mean he would be there and I saw nothing that appeared they were hiding anything. As for Bidens son, what about McCain's son? Of course they brought up when Track ships out, it was the perfect time and place to mention it.

Do you really think teaching birth control in the schools really prevents many pregnancies? In fact it probably prevents none or almost none.

I have never questioned whether or not the press should have made it known Bristol is pregnant, nor was anyone trying to hide this, but there is a time and place for everything and the day Sarah Palin was introduced was not the time nor the place. Hello, this is politics. The stupid thing falls back on whoever questioned whose baby Trik really is...

Nita
I'm pretty sure that if they were both 25, college graduates in professional careers and engaged to be married, he’d have been right up there with them. Age and situation had everything to do with it.

Just as you are sure (with no facts to back it up) that sex education prevents no pregnancies, I can state that it does. Lest we forget we are dealing with young adults. Maybe if someone told them about the risks and outcomes of teen pregnancy, they’d be more apt to not to engage in sex. If you don’t give them any information, how can they make an informed decision? If they know the risks, it may deter some.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:52 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
C'mon Sean...

Its too late to inject some common sense into this thread.....or several of the others either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska