Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:48 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,650,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
desperate failure? so every parent in america is a failure because their kid gets in trouble? what are you smoking?
Actually I think they can't smoke whilst their heads are shoved up their arse.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:51 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,403,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Actually I think they can't smoke whilst their heads are shoved up their arse.
ROFLMAO....ahhhh thanks!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny how the rumors are taken as Gospel, when the facts don't bear out the truth.

There is about four hundred 16 year olds in the Wasilla/Palmer area. Same with he Chugiak/Eagle River area, so you have about 800 to chose from, and about the same numbers in the other age ranges, so you could have as many as a couple of thousand to chose from.

The press is trying like hell to dig up dirt in Wasilla, they aren't having much luck so they are depending on the Bloggers to make stuff up as they go along.

My Father lives there and has been approached a couple of times by people wanting to know if he has heard any "good" stories (wink, wink) about Palin. They are digging though dumpsters trying to find something to discredit her, so far they have pretty much worn out their welcome.

Real easy to make up a rumor about something like this when there is no name attached, just the "Approximate" age, so must be him.

Just for the record, had it been him, the local Anchorage Daily News would have printed it out in headlines because they are pretty much rag type journalism anyway. Whether his mom was the Mayor or Governor, they love to spread dirt. Instead you are taking a paper that is some five thousand miles away as the "Fair and balanced" source?
I have never seen such a hatchet job done on anybody. I don't care what your political views are, you (I don't mean you personally) have to agree, they will do anything to bring her down. I guess this is what free speech, which we all believe in is all about. How sad, it has come to this.

NIta...

Old 09-13-2008, 08:06 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,602,170 times
Default Huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Let me guess...you haven't had much expereince in life, maybe never left your home town?
Huh??? Good golly!! Someone from England. The land of feeble and the home of the sheeple. I can hear it now. Please take our guns away from us they are just too scary....You need to crawl back across the pond and have a spot of tea...

Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 AM

893 posts, read 778,850 times
Well I for one would like to thank Alaska for giving us the ONLY normal candidate on either side. No family is perfect. I'm glad to see that she is just like the rest of America.

The media ought to have to go back to their hour in the morning ,at noon and evening to give us the news. They wouldn't have the time to be so dramatic about everything. I am sick, sick sick of them!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Bush was in a fighter squadron, he didn't go to Viet Nam because his wing group wasn't called up, the planes became obsolete by the time he finished flight school and was a qualified fighter pilot in only that model of plane.

That AWOL story is what brought (if I recall correctly) "Dan Rather" down for suppling bogus information that proved to be false documents. He was so blinded with left wing hate he couldn't get the facts correct and was willing to use anything that was laying around that could cast a shadow of doubt on Bush... Talk about a guy that was so lost in anger and so far left that he couldn't see the truth if it bit him....

Well because of the laws in Alaska, nobody would know if Track has a Juvenile record because it is illegal to release anything like that. And if he did have such a record, the local press would have been full of it.... Just as the start story of this thread is...
thanks for clearing up this for us. As for Bush and lovetoreads he/she watched Dan Rather a little to often. It seems to me, that was the beginning of Dan's downfall. Again, I just can't beleive what the media is doing to this family. I am glad they are standing up to all this.

NIta

Old 09-13-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I don't see where any of that is relevant to her running for VP. What a waste of media. I'm more pissed at the morons that did not evacuate in Texas. I see the fire dept has already rescued 300 people, there are 15 more stranded on a church roof and 3 more on a roof across the street from them. I hope they get charged for their rescues. I know I don't want my taxes paying for people so utterly stupid.
Agreed, we were discussing this at our church couples pot luck group last night. No one wants to see anyone hurt or killed, but what does it take to make these people realize what mandatory evacuation means? Like so many, rules are made for others, I don't have to abide by them....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:18 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,967,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
can you explain what you mean by that?

Surely,

I believe that mainstream US culture (urbanized and with certain norms- except for the South) focuses on the "frontier spirit" of the Alaska they perceive (vs what's really there) vs the "frontier mentality" that truly characterizes any similar pioneer society.

Given this difference- the failure to understand community organizing (which is a symptom), the inability to understand the consequences of unregulated human exploitation of natural resources, plus her theocratic rigidity and sheer ignorance of the rest of the world (just like Dubya), I feel that despite the support of a lapdog corporate media, enough people will see through the veil and understand what she truly is ( Lincoln Chaffee calls her a "wacky kook", for example) and what she truly represents.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM

958 posts, read 2,125,430 times
This Texas boy is liking y'all's Governor, hopefully OUR next VP......A LOT!!
Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Surely,

I believe that mainstream US culture (urbanized and with certain norms- except for the South) focuses on the "frontier spirit" of the Alaska they perceive (vs what's really there) vs the "frontier mentality" that truly characterizes any similar pioneer society.

Given this difference- the failure to understand community organizing (which is a symptom), the inability to understand the consequences of unregulated human exploitation of natural resources, plus her theocratic rigidity and sheer ignorance of the rest of the world (just like Dubya), I feel that despite the support of a lapdog corporate media, enough people will see through the veil and understand what she truly is ( Lincoln Chaffee calls her a "wacky kook", for example) and what she truly represents.
so from that explanation, you really think she is a drain on the McCain campaign? Sorry I don't think your rationale makes much sense. we will see in the weeks to come.....

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska