U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM

15,832 posts, read 15,215,510 times
No she isn't. She's a fairly self righteous woman who, in her...political career, has allowed a little power to go to her head and I think that in certain ways she's quite a stranger to the truth. Typical pol.in most ways, really. But she isn't Satan, dear. Now put down the green koolaid and back away from your monitor...

Old 09-15-2008, 06:15 PM

25 posts, read 38,912 times
oh man, met is on the scene....everyone gather around and lets enjoy the show!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 PM

Yeah, and I'm pissed because I drove a couple hundred miles today and Costco didn't have my favorite beer.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:17 PM

24,759 posts, read 27,309,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEr View Post
Right on Rance, sex ed and all that don't work. We are telling our teen and even pre-teen boys and girls, it's ok to have sex, just do this.. this.. and this and you won't get pregnant. They do not have the mental capacity to handle that type of responsibility. Heck most kids can't even babysit at that age so how can you expet them to remember to use a condom or take thir birth control bills. Heck, I know a 32 yer old that forgot to take hers one day and 9 months later had a little girl. I've rambled on enough for today. Who's first to jump at me? (and my spell check doesn't work on here either)
And you think "abstinence education" works?? Statistics show that just as many kids have sex after that "education," but are more likely to end up with pregnancies and STDs. It's called reality, and I believe in realistically telling kids/teens how to protect themselves if they have sex - which most of them will before they're legal adults. Teaching someone about protection isn't the same as encouraging sex, just like fire safety drills don't encourage arson. As for the rest of your post, I could debate you for hours on abortion & gay marriage (among other topics), but will save that for the P&OC board.

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-15-2008 at 06:29 PM..

Old 09-15-2008, 06:18 PM

25 posts, read 38,912 times
Is Costco the only provider of your favorite brew?

Old 09-15-2008, 06:21 PM

2,723 posts, read 4,571,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And you think "abstinence education" works?? Statistics show that just as many kids have sex after that "education," but are more likely to end up with pregnancies and STDs... it's called reality, and I believe in realistically telling kids/teens how to protect themselves if they have sex - which most of them will before they're legal adults. Teaching someone about safe sex isn't the same as encouraging sex, just like fire drills don't encourage arson. As for the rest of your post, I could debate you for hours on abortion & gay marriage (among other topics), but will save that for the P&OC board.
Well, obviously safe sex education doesn't work all that well either. You have young teens getting STD's and becoming pregnant all the time. It might be reality, but it doesn't mean it's right to sit back and let it stay the way it is. I could debate you for hours on these topics as well, but in the end I think we'd still both agree to disagree. And even though I'm sure I disagree with a lot of your views I respect your opinion.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:25 PM

8,672 posts, read 9,617,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
Well, there goes this thread. It was nice while it lasted.

Probably took couple days to get over it the first time and wind (as in hot air) up again

Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Is Costco the only provider of your favorite brew?
Out here, it's the only one I can find. I'm sure it's sold in more places than that, but my powers of global positioning are fairly non existent.

And I also spent ten bucks on lottery tickets and won two bucks or something so now I'm really ready to go on a tear. It's like someone spiked my blueberry vodka with testosterone or something, wtf? I want to go shoot something.

I used to target practise with empty beer bottles but I don't seem to have any for some reason.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:34 PM

24,759 posts, read 27,309,438 times
Oh, and another interesting tidbit about abstinence education... they did a study recently with kids who had taken the "purity vow" (I think that's what it's called?), and found a VERY high percentage of them had participated in anal & oral sex. Their reasoning? Well, it's not technically sex, so I can still have fun and retain my virginity! Since they probably aren't receiving sex education in addition to their purity classes, it's highly unlikely that they're protecting themselves in these acts - which are just as likely, if not more so, to spread STDs. Pregnancy is a drop in the bucket compared to AIDs, huh?

Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 PM

8,672 posts, read 9,617,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
But she isn't Satan, dear. Now put down the green koolaid and back away from your monitor...
ROFL - Think it's time to get sumpin to drink and watch the wrath of Met on the metal woman....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska