Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,769,931 times

Advertisements

As a registered Dem my entire life, I am definitely now jumping ship.

Sarah Palin: woman, governor.exec. of a state, pro-energy, middle class, pro-life, family oriented, religious, pro-gun, from a Union family (teacher Dad)..........

I could go on and on, but that would be enough to sway me if I basically had not already been leaning to McCain.

Plus, she is no vulgar nasty wicked female like hillary.

MaCain/Palin08 !!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM

7,429 posts, read 5,683,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
P
The great, and the not so great, all have degrees of ROTTENITIS. We live on a planet where greed, sex, power, and money rule.
Thought we were talking about the McCain-Palin ticket not the Clintons???

Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,831,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
after months of saying Obama has no experience he picks someone with ZERO experience. Way to go McCANT...you've shot your campaign right in the head.
disgruntled hillary voters are not going to flock to this team, why? she isn't pro choice and no self respecting woman is going to vote for this tandem when they don't respect a woman's right to choose.
Obama/Biden 08!
What the heck?! It is a woman's right as well (or anybody's for that matter) to choose LIFE!

Old 08-29-2008, 02:00 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,907,640 times
Default Who here has personally met Sarah Palin

I just read a report that this woman conducts herself like an every day soccer mom who happens to be governor. She goes to high school football games, band events, and community socials of all types and is often seen around town acting like an every day citizen?. It said she often sits and visits with everyday common folks in Alaska. So based on this report, who on the forum have personally met Sarah Palin and what do you think of her. I like what I am hearing and seeing of this lady so far. Seems like a strong, unexpected and exciting pick from McCain. For some reason given McCain's history, I had a feeling he was going to surprise us all. I just did not think it would be her.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:01 PM

26,487 posts, read 36,326,066 times
I've met her parents. Okay people I suppose.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:10 PM

268 posts, read 1,047,354 times
I read through this whole thread and there was so much mention of "working class roots" as a virtue. Will someone please explain to me why in America there is such a knee-jerk response to liking a working-class person for the highest office in the land? Shouldn't we want someone who is elite? If we want to be led, shouldn't we want that leader to actually be knowledgeable? Haven't we learned from the past 8 years?

Old 08-29-2008, 02:11 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,486,808 times
For the record, Palin was perfectly within her rights to fire the Commissioner. The position is classed as an Exempt position, which means he worked at the pleasure of the governor with no rights to continued employment. In other words, she doesn't need to have cause for firing. Her biggest error was in explaining why she fired him plus the problems with her ex-brother in law.

I'm guessing that while they may not like what she did, they'll find that she was within her authority to to fire him.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:13 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,752,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I just read a report that this woman conducts herself like an every day soccer mom who happens to be governor. She goes to high school football games, band events, and community socials of all types and is often seen around town acting like an every day citizen?. It said she often sits and visits with everyday common folks in Alaska. So based on this report, who on the forum have personally met Sarah Palin and what do you think of her. I like what I am hearing and seeing of this lady so far. Seems like a strong, unexpected and exciting pick from McCain. For some reason given McCain's history, I had a feeling he was going to surprise us all. I just did not think it would be her.
Sorry, but what are "common" everyday Alaska folks?? Kind of makes her sound like royalty??

Old 08-29-2008, 02:14 PM

26,487 posts, read 36,326,066 times
Quote:
I read through this whole thread and there was so much mention of "working class roots" as a virtue. Will someone please explain to me why in America there is such a knee-jerk response to liking a working-class person for the highest office in the land? Shouldn't we want someone who is elite? If we want to be led, shouldn't we want that leader to actually be knowledgeable? Haven't we learned from the past 8 years?
Personally, I think that people with working class roots are more likely to be "knowledgeable" than members of the "elite". The last eight years certainly does indicate that.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:16 PM

275 posts, read 789,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
after months of saying Obama has no experience he picks someone with ZERO experience. Way to go McCANT...you've shot your campaign right in the head.
disgruntled hillary voters are not going to flock to this team, why? she isn't pro choice and no self respecting woman is going to vote for this tandem when they don't respect a woman's right to choose.
Obama/Biden 08!
So, a so-called "community organizer" with VERY limited experience in a legislative body of 100, with zero experience actually running anything has more experience than someone who actually is a CEO of a state? C'mon, not even close. By the way, what on earth is a "community organizer"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska