U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Pass on 5 Acres @ Deadman Lake (Near manley hot springs)
Run! Run away as fast as you can! Even for $1,000 3 50.00%
It's OK, just don't expect much. You get what you pay for. 1 16.67%
I love this area and can't get enough of it. 0 0%
Not an area for the timid hearted or more people would live there. 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2015, 03:41 PM
 
21 posts, read 23,374 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Don't bring what now?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2020, 03:01 PM
 
2 posts, read 941 times
Reputation: 10
I am buying 5 acres out there on deadman,
Nw corner bout 1000’ south of the sled road.
Can a guy quad there yet?
Everything I am finding for information is very old.
Can someone please fill me in, I have all the same questions that only seemed to get opinions and few usable answers.
I would prefer not to come out first time in the winter obviously,
Has anyone who asked the questions made the trip, fill me in, pretend like your me before your first trip lol
I’m coming from Victoria bc Canada, probably drive up as it’s only a day and a half.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2020, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
388 posts, read 665,153 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickmagill View Post
I am buying 5 acres out there on deadman,
Nw corner bout 1000’ south of the sled road.
Can a guy quad there yet?
Everything I am finding for information is very old.
Can someone please fill me in, I have all the same questions that only seemed to get opinions and few usable answers.
I would prefer not to come out first time in the winter obviously,
Has anyone who asked the questions made the trip, fill me in, pretend like your me before your first trip lol
I’m coming from Victoria bc Canada, probably drive up as it’s only a day and a half.
I have given the best advice I can to everyone that has posted on here. Spent a week out there this month. You cannot get a 4 wheeler there in the winter. We pull them in on a sled with a snow machine. To get one there in summer you would boat it to the Tolovana river then maybe ride it to the lake.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2020, 11:08 PM
 
Location: MN
5,092 posts, read 5,205,895 times
Reputation: 4568
Is there some sale on Amazon for lots on this lake??? Seems to attract a bunch of keyboard warriors who like saying they bought something they didn’t. Interesting read though. I’m gonna sell everything and walk to deadman’s lake from Key West. I’ll fish the lake for Tuna that I’ll sell to nearest towns Sushi Bar. Will I need anything more then shorts and t-shirt during winters there???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2020, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Anchorage
1,376 posts, read 957,661 times
Reputation: 3712
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Is there some sale on Amazon for lots on this lake??? Seems to attract a bunch of keyboard warriors who like saying they bought something they didn’t. Interesting read though. I’m gonna sell everything and walk to deadman’s lake from Key West. I’ll fish the lake for Tuna that I’ll sell to nearest towns Sushi Bar. Will I need anything more then shorts and t-shirt during winters there???

I too wonder what the fascination is with outsiders and Deadman Lake. It's not like it is the only place to buy remote land in Alaska.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2020, 12:19 PM
 
Location: MN
5,092 posts, read 5,205,895 times
Reputation: 4568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
I too wonder what the fascination is with outsiders and Deadman Lake. It's not like it is the only place to buy remote land in Alaska.
It's not even a big lake either. The other 2,999,999 lakes are irrelevant I'm assuming.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:11 AM
 
1 posts, read 42 times
Reputation: 10
Default Resurrect the Deadman

Greetings all,
I found this thread after purchasing Lot 29 Block 1 at Deadman Lake (Subdivision). NOS482 are you still out there? My 4.5 acres is the East half of your former purchase. Were you ever able to get there? Is the property as described? Northside middle of the lake about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the hill? In response to why, for myself, too many years spent as a practicing alcoholic to have an orthodox retirement, therefore unorthodox! As my golden years are going to be spent traveling the country, it will be nice to have a place to go home to, even if it ends up a tipi. In the meantime, 6 Summer vacations to reconnoiter, and prepare. Thanks for listening.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Anchorage
1,376 posts, read 957,661 times
Reputation: 3712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebearbevis12 View Post
Greetings all,
I found this thread after purchasing Lot 29 Block 1 at Deadman Lake (Subdivision). NOS482 are you still out there? My 4.5 acres is the East half of your former purchase. Were you ever able to get there? Is the property as described? Northside middle of the lake about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the hill? In response to why, for myself, too many years spent as a practicing alcoholic to have an orthodox retirement, therefore unorthodox! As my golden years are going to be spent traveling the country, it will be nice to have a place to go home to, even if it ends up a tipi. In the meantime, 6 Summer vacations to reconnoiter, and prepare. Thanks for listening.

Oh mercy. Sounds like you bought this sight unseen despite all the warnings to the contrary. You don't state where you are from but I'm going to bet you have no idea what living out there will be like, let alone traveling to and from the place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
 
Location: on the wind
18,458 posts, read 12,032,567 times
Reputation: 60281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
Oh mercy. Sounds like you bought this sight unseen despite all the warnings to the contrary. You don't state where you are from but I'm going to bet you have no idea what living out there will be like, let alone traveling to and from the place.
Especially as one's golden years get more and more...ah golden!

Last edited by Parnassia; Yesterday at 11:57 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
 
Location: interior Alaska
6,336 posts, read 4,883,428 times
Reputation: 21089
This thread just keeps on giving.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top