U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Pass on 5 Acres @ Deadman Lake (Near manley hot springs)
Run! Run away as fast as you can! Even for $1,000 3 50.00%
It's OK, just don't expect much. You get what you pay for. 1 16.67%
I love this area and can't get enough of it. 0 0%
Not an area for the timid hearted or more people would live there. 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Fairbanks
387 posts, read 663,063 times
Reputation: 407

Advertisements

Ok lets get this deadman lake stuff done right now if anyone wants to know anything about what is going on out there contact me!

Tim berg
479-8302
i have lived in fairbanks since 1978 and have been going to and owned property at deadman since the early 1980's.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
11 posts, read 43,385 times
Reputation: 18
Default So is there anything going on?

"if anyone wants to know anything about what is going on out there contact me!"-
Have there been any recent developments?
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1 posts, read 3,505 times
Reputation: 10
Just wanted to introduce myself to this conversation. My name is Mark, I just purchased land in the Deadman Lake subdivision - parcel 18, block 2. Gonna be flying up to Faibanks in August. Any knowledge of Float Plane service to get to the lake?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Over the Rainbow...
5,963 posts, read 11,709,340 times
Reputation: 3162
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLise View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to this conversation. My name is Mark, I just purchased land in the Deadman Lake subdivision - parcel 18, block 2. Gonna be flying up to Faibanks in August. Any knowledge of Float Plane service to get to the lake?
Curious here - did you purchase the land without seeing it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
387 posts, read 663,063 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLise View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to this conversation. My name is Mark, I just purchased land in the Deadman Lake subdivision - parcel 18, block 2. Gonna be flying up to Faibanks in August. Any knowledge of Float Plane service to get to the lake?
Shawdow Aviation 590-5866
North Star Aero 347-1097

My plane is down haven't been out to Deadman since the water got soft.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 05:46 AM
 
4 posts, read 8,403 times
Reputation: 15
hmm lets just say that if a guy plans on buying land at deadman lake good luck most of these people
dont know their azz from a hole in the ground they just like to **** in the wind called typing about nothing!!!
If you decide to walk in do your research about hikeing in and the use of a compass. how many miles
a day can you travel? by foot ? maybe what ? 5 miles a day hmm your in no rush i guess.
dont see why you would want to do that except to get a first hand look at the ground.
think your need a buddy to acompany you also and a couple dogs to keep an eye out for those two
leged thieves lol
think going down the river is a better idea. lots of dmm bugs waiting for you lol lol so be ready.
and if you are able to find out just who owns the lots in the subdivision do a background check
on them.
bet trher a few babie rapers hiding around or drug dealers lol lol so watch out!!!
you be better off to homestead land down in elko nevada lol lol at least they hang those low life
scumbags when caught screwing a under age girl. that go's for fregging indians too!!
nice an warm during the summers lol winters not bad either it will be dmm freezing at dead man lake.
and if you need to get to a doctor in a hurry hmm well just depends on the weather.
you really need to think about being 40 freggin miles off the road system.
jermiha
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
387 posts, read 663,063 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiha View Post
hmm lets just say that if a guy plans on buying land at deadman lake good luck most of these people
dont know their azz from a hole in the ground they just like to **** in the wind called typing about nothing!!!
If you decide to walk in do your research about hikeing in and the use of a compass. how many miles
a day can you travel? by foot ? maybe what ? 5 miles a day hmm your in no rush i guess.
dont see why you would want to do that except to get a first hand look at the ground.
think your need a buddy to acompany you also and a couple dogs to keep an eye out for those two
leged thieves lol
think going down the river is a better idea. lots of dmm bugs waiting for you lol lol so be ready.
and if you are able to find out just who owns the lots in the subdivision do a background check
on them.
bet trher a few babie rapers hiding around or drug dealers lol lol so watch out!!!
you be better off to homestead land down in elko nevada lol lol at least they hang those low life
scumbags when caught screwing a under age girl. that go's for fregging indians too!!
nice an warm during the summers lol winters not bad either it will be dmm freezing at dead man lake.
and if you need to get to a doctor in a hurry hmm well just depends on the weather.
you really need to think about being 40 freggin miles off the road system.
jermiha

Yep, people been doing it for years.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 PM
 
287 posts, read 558,066 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Curious here - did you purchase the land without seeing it?
People do it all the time, look at remote properties.com you'll see "seller has never been to property" a lot... probably why it's for sale, they figured out it's hard as hell to get to... too late of course.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Interior alaska
6,381 posts, read 13,555,894 times
Reputation: 3508
Funny how places in Alaska get their names, claim jumper creek, back shooter creek, Deadman lake.

Yeah, I think it is good policy to look at it before buying... Wonder who died to have the Lake named after his dying, and from what?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM
 
287 posts, read 558,066 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny how places in Alaska get their names, claim jumper creek, back shooter creek, Deadman lake.

Yeah, I think it is good policy to look at it before buying... Wonder who died to have the Lake named after his dying, and from what?
Getting to his land killed him...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top