Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:04 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
That would just ruin icefishing for me.
I'd say pretty flippin hilarious and make sure you have the camera with, he can't do much harm dressed like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,671,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I'd say pretty flippin hilarious and make sure you have the camera with, he can't do much harm dressed like that...
Besides scare the fish away.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Besides scare the fish away.
Not if ya don't use him for bait....

Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 PM

They would all disappear from all the laughing that would be taking place on the ice. And it gets cold rolling around on ice.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
They would all disappear from all the laughing that would be taking place on the ice. And it gets cold rolling around on ice.
Be sure to dress warm!! We want pics...depending on ya

Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 PM

I don't know if I could handle a laugh like that again. Plus the pics would come out all blurry and be of the sky. I laughed so hard the last time I read his last post. He needs to be in comedy for sure.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,521,272 times
Now L.T. may be funny, but all of you are who make these threads so good. I will not admit how much time I have spent reading his threads and your posts. Took awhile, but I finally learned to put my water bottle a few feet away from my laptop.

So, which one of you is really this L.T. and is providing all of this entertainment???? I'm almost glad that my hubby is still in the hospital and can't hear/see me laughing so hard. You are hilarious. Thanks for the fun. Oh, need to tell L.T to beware of not only the Penguins, but the cats....

Old 11-07-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Now L.T. may be funny, but all of you are who make these threads so good. I will not admit how much time I have spent reading his threads and your posts. Took awhile, but I finally learned to put my water bottle a few feet away from my laptop.

So, which one of you is really this L.T. and is providing all of this entertainment???? I'm almost glad that my hubby is still in the hospital and can't hear/see me laughing so hard. You are hilarious. Thanks for the fun. Oh, need to tell L.T to beware of not only the Penguins, but the cats....

OMG - needed the warnings again with that one...We have no clue who or what....the penguins rule, but your cat was good!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:58 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,282,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Looney Tunes missed out when they didn't get this guy lined up. If this isn't straight out of Laurel and Hardy or the 3 Stooges..... I mean, hare brained, numb-skull and down-right idiotic. It's like watching a train wreck in slo-mo.
I think of him more as Wile E Coyote, looking up just in time to see the anvil coming down on his head.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM

9,861 posts, read 14,183,605 times
I worked on a salmon fishing boat out of King Salmon, Alaska, back in the summer of 1995. I was in college, and a good friend of mine and me went up in the hopes of making a TON of cash.
It was some of the hardest work of my life. We worked 12, 14, 16 hour days of nonstop stacking of salmon trays on a rocking boat. We did eat really well, watched Seinfield episode tapes when there were no fish, and got to know a ton of sketchy, yet amusing, characters.
As for the money, we didn't make nearly as much as we thought we would. We wound up after 2 months, making around $3800. Yeah, that's it!!! With overtime and everything. Of course, we were only making like 6 bucks an hour. And we didn't work every single day, due to waiting on the fish to come in.
When we were finished, we had the choice of staying on the boat for another month, or coming back up for crab season and making "the big bucks." Everyone told us crabbing was one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. That's what kept us from going. I guess if you are up for extremely hard work, tremendous physical exertion, and have no major responsibilities, then go for it. It is a learning experience, and an experience of a lifetime, I'm sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska