Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 PM

9 posts, read 27,399 times

Advertisements

Are there any muslims in alaska? im an english convert, also like to read about bhudisum, any bhudists in alaska? cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 05:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
I had a few daiquiris one night and converted to the Islamic faith by repeating a certain phrase that according to the Q'ran turns you into a Muslim. I've also been very tempted t wear a burka during touron season.

Seriously, I don't think that outside of Anchorage you'll find any.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:14 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
I don't think I'd be able to live without eating pigs, I mean who doesn't love bacon, ham, chops, and pork rinds?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I don't think I'd be able to live without eating pigs, I mean who doesn't love bacon, ham, chops, and pork rinds?
A danged valid point there Mr. Warpt. I woulda given ya reps but.... gotta spread some around etc. etc. etc.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,306 times
Quote:
Is this really the point?

If so cant eat clams, crab, peanut butter etc. ...

Let them do their religion-- the policy makers is THE ENEMY-- remember dont fight amongst ourselves.

Do your religion and thats cool , lobby $$? then ya got a problem.

USA is Toast anyway-- ya fools just dont know it yet . All of ya. Me too.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
I don't think were toast. We just won't be eating it with creamed chipped beef. Tough times, sure, maybe or maybe not. Don't forget the Messiah is fixing to be elected POTUS and he says he's got the change you need. Trump, Buffet, Pickens and Gates are all fixing to give you a handup or handout in the "Share the Wealth" financial incentives. Their money will soon be HIS money.

I don't know about Muslims but I saw some hot female Mormon missionaries in Ketchikan this summer.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 AM

i proberbly not the sorta muslim you think of when you think of muslims, i draw a fine line between arabic culture and the acctual religion, though i do like some of the fancy tops, i am more of a rock climber sporty person though. no, i dont go round wearing burkas, im pure yorkshire lass lol. but yeah, eating pork itst culture it is the religion, im a veggie anyways so dont matter, i more follow sufism thats more spiritual

Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,962 times
Quote:
I'm with you there Joe Joe!!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay44 View Post
Are there any muslims in alaska? im an english convert, also like to read about bhudisum, any bhudists in alaska? cheers
I met an american convert to Islam in Fairbanks. There aren't many in Alaska.

This is probably not the place to discuss religion, but I'm curious. What was it about Islam that you found compelling?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 AM

im not sure, it just felt right, i went to something called a dhikir with my dad and i converted after. has we say, you dont find islam, islam finds you. before then id never even heard of the religion or the quran, and once you split the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, it's not all you see on T.V, half these things these muslim 'scholars' is'nt even in the quran, ive read it and done a basic degree in it. i was a catholic before, i never really followed it, i knew a lot of it diddent make sence ect. anyways, not a forum for religious talk, theres one called 'undestanding islam' which is good. there are alot of 'know it all scholers' on there though, me and my dad have fun questioning them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska