Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM

276 posts, read 845,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
You would love the ulu I use it constantly in the kitchen. The only thing in Maine I know of is lobster's and moose

Shipping live lobsters from Maine is not cheap. Close to $100.00, I would if I could though. I'll look around and see what I can find that is shipable and let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 11:45 AM

823 posts, read 1,721,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEr View Post
Shipping live lobsters from Maine is not cheap. Close to $100.00, I would if I could though. I'll look around and see what I can find that is shipable and let you know.
Absolutely not, I was just kidding. More my point was about the Ulu's. I'm very sold on them and I use it almost exclusively in the kitchen they are a wonderful tool.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:47 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,671,325 times
I'll bring one up. I can put it in a animal carrier and tell them he's my pet

Old 11-26-2008, 11:48 AM

Lenny the Lobster...............I want pictures

Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,671,325 times
Yeah and I'll remove the bands so they can't touch him either. I have always wanted to just go to a store and release them all and yell be free

Old 11-26-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Absolutely not, I was just kidding. More my point was about the Ulu's. I'm very sold on them and I use it almost exclusively in the kitchen they are a wonderful tool.

Well... I will be out and about this weekend. There is a company on the coast that makes goodies out of Maine stuff and they have lobster and lobster bisque and all that type of stuff. I'm sending you something, just not sure when or what. Do you like anything else? Non perishable things?

I love sending stuff in the mail. I get more excited about picking the stuff out and sending it then the person getting it

Last edited by MAINEr; 11-26-2008 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEr View Post
Well... I will be out and about this weekend. There is a company on the coast that makes goodies out of Maine stuff and they have lobster and lobster bisque and all that type of stuff. I'm sending you something, jus not sure when or what.
Well an ulu is not a problem just DM me your addy.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:59 AM

959 posts, read 2,351,256 times
Quote:
Really?? I always thought they looked awkward and were just mainly a "novelty" thing. Tell me more. I might have to pick one up--I'm a knife freak and I love anything that works well in the kitchen.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM

I'm wanting to get a better quality one now. I use it to cut up fries, any veggies. They have the cutting boards that are concaved that fit the knives and they work fantastic with these for chopping or mincing. I still use my other knives on meat but for veggies they work great. I got one for my dad in Wyoming and it's all he uses now. I had one for a year and a half and thought it was just a cute decoration and now I want a whole collection of them. Use it everyday when I'm home.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
I'll bring one up. I can put it in a animal carrier and tell them he's my pet
Just dress it up in some of those crazy pet clothes they have out there put a rhinestone collar and dog booties on it. Tell them it is one of those hairless dogs with a skin condition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska