Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 PM

19 posts, read 84,325 times

Advertisements

haha i thought about that... i can use one of the rooms and just go in every day with my sunlamp and lay out for a couple of hours lol. my cold and his cold are different though lol... I am freezing cold in 75 yeah... 75... I live in such a little climate bubble here. im so excited though to do something different and i have seen so many beautiful pictures. i lived in Atlanta for a while and i hated it... i was a bit worried about moving to the USA again... but it sounds entirely different to that hole. Atl and I did not get along lol. Is Palmer nice? That is where I am moving to Just wondering if anyone has been there. Also another question... can you get around on a bicycle in Alaska or am I going to need a car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 07:33 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,225,839 times
Biking is VERY popular in the summer months (weeks?). A car is a necessity in the winter. The town of Palmer is about 45 minutes out of Anchorage in the Matanuska-Susitna (MatSu) Valley. It acts as a suburb of Anchorage, while reflecting its roots as a farming town. Yes, Virginia, there ARE farms in Alaska. The government relocated a whole bunch of Scandinavian farmers from the north mid-west (Minnesota, the Dakotas, Wisconsin, etc.) back when and dropped them in the Valley. They grow world class veggies, and have world records for size due to the extended daylight hours. Palmer is the stepping off point for trips to Denali Nat'l Park and points in between (ask about Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn).

Old 03-05-2011, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,896 times
Im from Queensland Australia too, on a cattle property and I would love to live in Alaska with my family! Im trying to convince my husband to move over! My two kids ski and love the snow, we all do. I always wanted to move to a very colder climate! What is the immigration policy to move from Australia to Alaska USA? Is it hard with Immigration?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 PM

Im from Queensland Australia too, on a cattle property and I would love to live in Alaska with my family! Im trying to convince my husband to move over! My two kids ski and love the snow, we all do. I always wanted to move to a very colder climate! What is the immigration policy to move from Australia to Alaska USA? Is it hard with Immigration?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules37 View Post
Emigrating to Alaska is the same as emigrating to any of the other U.S. states and territories. Check your inbox for more details

Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules37 View Post
City-Data has a Legal Immigration Forum. Go to that forum, and the very first thread has links to the USCIS wbsite. Go there for proper immigration information. It won't be easy. I'm not sure how Australia works as far as tourist visa to the US. The US allows some countries up to 90 days visit with no visa, other require a visa. You'd still have to go online a fill out a request of travel.
For immigrating you'd have to win a greencard lottery, invest abot a million bucks in a US based business, or marry a US citizen. Looks like your already married so that won't work!

Just go to the USCIS website and you'll find everything you need.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 AM

Im green with envy that you live in the most beautiful part of the states! ALASKA! Australia is very beautiful too, with deserts, ruggered mountain ranges, great beaches, green country sides and we have great snow fields in our winter time! It just a shame that i wont be able to get to live there. I would do anything to live in another country. Unfortunatly, my husband hasnt got a degree in anything. We have a farm and he also works in the mines in Central Queensland. So, there goes our chance of living there. A family wanting to move over from another country to Australia and work for a company, the company has to sponser them and they have to work for them for a minimum of so many years, then they can get residency and apply for citizenship. It's sooooo much easier to move to Australia than the USA! We wouldnt have to rely on the country for money, as we are self sufficient, but we would still need jobs, as money can run out (depending whay you do with ur money). But, rules are rules, and you have to follow them, as they are there for a reason!
Thank you for posting immigration web site to me! Much appreciated!

Julie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: