U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,375,610 times
Oh my gosh - thanks for the pics Stephanie! I love the newly born pics! Momma did a good job
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:56 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,352,404 times
Thanks Dawn, Sophie is red because her placenta had ruptured while coming down the birth canal and she was rather bloody from it. I thought you might like to see her very first picture If the album doesn't let you copy the picture just let me know and I can send it to you.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM

4,165 posts, read 5,659,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
Oh my gosh - thanks for the pics Stephanie! I love the newly born pics! Momma did a good job
Stephanie...lovely pups - Momma did do a fine job of it! The husband is sitting here b*tching about the fact that Momma wasn't the only one involved - but that's a man for you.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 AM

Trust me, after what she went thru during her pregnancy, Zoro (the daddy)could care less. She gets all the credit
Tell Steve to zip it

Old 01-13-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Kissy Face as we called him was 135 recorded pounds!! Thumper his father was 210!! Not sure on Wooley Bully but he is in Alaskan Mal books so I can look it up but....I am already pack'n!!! gosh I hope we can make this move sooner that later! Lifes getting way to short!!! Time to be where we want'a be.
Best of luck on your move. Wow 210 is pretty big and very rare with the Giant Mals. That's relly big for the Kotzebue lines, they tend to be more along the standard size lines. Sounds pretty tho. I would love to see a picture of him sometime.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,370,192 times
unfortunately the pictures I have are of kissy face and Wooley Bully. When I was packing up I don't remember seeing any of Thumper. I will look again though. These guys also have the 6 inches long hair which made the look twice as big!!! I will dig them out, scan them and post them sometime soon. As I just had major surgery today it will be a bit before I get to this.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:03 PM

8,671 posts, read 9,367,178 times
Quote:
unfortunately the pictures I have are of kissy face and Wooley Bully. When I was packing up I don't remember seeing any of Thumper. I will look again though. These guys also have the 6 inches long hair which made the look twice as big!!! I will dig them out, scan them and post them sometime soon. As I just had major surgery today it will be a bit before I get to this.
Hope you are doing well from your surgery Flames, and with all that hair (the dogs) didn't you just love it when they'd shed in the spring, early summer and I could brush the bags of hair all out, but at least mine had this "squirrel" on his back right above the tail, that would refuse to leave for a while...

Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
No problem I look forward to seeing your dogs some time. I hope you feel better from your surgery. Take good care of yourself Steph

Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,370,192 times
Oh my gosh....tons and tons and tons of hair everywhere!! Kissy Face loved to be brushed by the hours. He also loved to be clipped down in the summer and would roll over to have the other side done!! We filled paper shopping bags every two weeks. Can't say I missed the hair part as I had to vacuum every day and the vehicles looked like they were hairy seats all the time!!
I read an article once about a couple who was using their Mal's hair to spin into yarn and knitting sweater out of it!!!
Thank you! Tomorrow will tell how well I feel as they gave me good drugs!!! ha ha ah. Hopefully this is the last surgery, as I stopped counting at 11 over 2 years ago. I do recover well though.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM

My goodness I hope you are done with the surgeries too. That is quite alot for one body to handle.
I have been lucky enough our girls only shed twice a year, once to blow the summer coat and once to blow the winter one. We use the "furminator" brush and it sure does work. Plus they aren't 100% inside dogs so that helps them not to overheat too much to have to shed as often.
The sweater thing sure does sound like a good use for it I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska