Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times

Advertisements

had to find an appropriate thread regarding weapons as I don't care if this is true or not...I hope it is!! Reason to carry a handgun!!

To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown - craigslist ad I was the white guy with the black Burrberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize.

I didn't expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it?

I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cellphone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster.

I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky. If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry. Peace!

- Alex

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
had to find an appropriate thread regarding weapons as I don't care if this is true or not...I hope it is!! Reason to carry a handgun!!

To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown - craigslist ad I was the white guy with the black Burrberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize.

I didn't expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it?

I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cellphone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster.

I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky. If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry. Peace!

- Alex

Way to go Alex!!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Way to go Alex!!
Yeah, but lets do keep a little perspective on it, eh?

This story about the robber is a fake. That story about the drunk shooting himself through hand and leg was true.

The score is 0 to 1.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Yeah, but lets do keep a little perspective on it, eh?

This story about the robber is a fake. That story about the drunk shooting himself through hand and leg was true.

The score is 0 to 1.
LOL...it was meant to be sarcastic.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
LOL...it was meant to be sarcastic.
That is exactly my point!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
That is exactly my point!
That is what I figured!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM

I didn't write this. It was attributed to walkers@mala.bc.ca at Malaspina College.
NEW FINDINGS ON GUN USERS
The following are excerpts from publisher page-proofs that a
professor at Western Pacific University (School of Criminal
Justice) sent me. If anyone wants the originals, leave your
mailing address and I'll send you page proofs. The title is
"Differential Autonomic Nervous System Reactions Between
Advocates of Gun Ownership and a Control Group". The complete
citation is listed at the end, which will be released in a
forthcoming publication (subject to minor editing).

"...all subjects were males, recruited through local newspapers
to participate in a controlled experiment through the School of
Criminal Justice for a stipend. They were randomly selected and
grouped according to age, race, political affiliations and
educational level...

"...Part of the screening process involved a questionnaire
where participants were asked to indicate on a six-point Likert
scale what best described their political orientation (ranging
from "firmly conservative" to "firmly liberal" with a central
neutral point). Only those indicating they were "firmly
conservative" or "mostly conservative" were assigned to the
experimental group. The control group was demographically
representative of the area in which the study was conducted,
with a "normal" range of ages, racial and minority
characteristics, political affiliations/beliefs and educational
attainment levels typical of the wider population...

"The control and experimental groups were shown a breadth of
stimuli under identical conditions. This stimuli was introduced
in sequential, chronological order: i) olfactory stimuli - an
odor of gun-grease, spent cartridge shells and gun powder, ii)
visual stimuli - color slides of modern handguns and automatic
and semi-automatic rifles, iii) tactile stimuli - both groups
were asked to handle and "assess" various (unloaded) rifles and
handguns for weight distribution, comfort, balance, color and
personal preference".

"During the introduction of these stimuli, the following
measurements were recorded: i) heart-rate, ii) galvanic skin
response (GRS) [note: this is the amount of perspiration on the
skin] and iii) rate of breathing... "

"The differences between the groups were found to be
statistically insignificant on all levels of autonomic nervous
system functioning...

"The final phase of the research protocol was to individually
subject both the experimental and control groups members to the
above mentioned stimuli while attached to a penile
plethysmograph [note: measures male sexual arousal through a
tungsten band attached to the penis]. One control group member
and one experimental group member refused to participate any
further and withdrew, leaving 19 in each group.

"...experimental results were not what our original hypothesis
had predicted. Those in the experimental group showed, on
average, a 40-58% difference in their penile tumescence levels
[male arousal] than the control group, a highly statistically
significant finding (T=12.009, S=.0001 ).

"These differences were most marked when subjects were allowed
to "assess" the weapons with their hands... Further data
analysis revealed that there is a high correlation (.68)
between levels of "conservative" political/value orientation
and levels of male sexual arousal during the handling of
firearms... "

"Somewhat in line with these findings is the secondary
discovery that the two members of the Canadian chapter of the
NRA in the experimental group showed the highest levels of
penile tumescence (80-95%) while "assessing" the firearms
supplied by the researchers...

Source: Conya Goode, Ph.D & Ubeen Takin, Ph.D, Dip. Psych.,
"Differential Autonomic Nervous System Reactions Between
Advocates of Gun Ownership and a Control Group" Canadian
Journal of Critical Policy Issues,Vol 8 (1-2) September, 1994
(forthcoming).

Old 02-21-2009, 11:32 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
aawwww...Floyd ya got your undies in a bunch over nothing here!! So here's a "true" one. Wonder how he fits into the study you posted???!! Did they study IDIOTS???

KOKOMO, Ind. -- Police said a man accidentally shot himself in the genitals as he robbed a convenience store early Tuesday morning.
Kokomo police said they were called to a Village Pantry store at 100 North Ohio Street at about 4:20 a.m. after a clerk at the store called them.
The female clerk told police that a man came into the store with a semiautomatic handgun and demanded cash and cigarettes before handing her a white cloth bag.
The clerk said that as she retrieved the cigarettes she heard a gunshot and turned to confront the man, who yelled that he had shot himself.
Police said the man grabbed the bag full of cash and fled the store.
In-store surveillance cameras showed that the man, who police identified as Derrick Kosch, 25, of Kokomo, shot himself as he placed the gun into the waistband of his pants, police said. Authorities declined to release the surveillance footage early Tuesday.
Shortly after the robbery, dispatchers got a call from someone in a home in the 1000 block of East North Street about a man who was shot.
When officers arrived, they found Kosch with a gunshot wound to a testicle and leg. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Officers said that while at the home they found the bag of money that was taken from the convenience store and clothes seen on the robber in the surveillance tape.
Police said Kosch will be charged with armed robbery and related charges when he emerges from surgery on Tuesday.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Sounds like your my brother from a different mother, Dusty. I haven't had a drink in 23 years, but I never made a sane decision while I was drunk. I'd say when I was drinking, but if I was drinking, I was drunk.
Hummmmm, sounds like you are the first cousin they never told me about, if'n you got a friend named bill, then I know we kin!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post

- Alex

Ya know, I think I would get along with this guy quite well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska