Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 PM

82 posts, read 163,728 times

Advertisements

Hi, I looking to rent a house that accepts dogs. We are looking to start renting in April or May (relocating) and we have 2 dogs. We have GREAT referances with rental history & dogs.

If anyone has any leads please let me know.

Thanks,

Shyeeyore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 05:17 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeeyore View Post
Hi, I looking to rent a house that accepts dogs. We are looking to start renting in April or May (relocating) and we have 2 dogs. We have GREAT referances with rental history & dogs.

Thanks,

Shyeeyore
Kokiak? Ouch. My wife and I spent one week there while she was training and I was NOT impressed. We ate at one restaurant where the owner's children were running around bothering us while we ate our extremely mediocre meal. And that is the mildest of my complaints.

I feel for you. Kodiak is one place where I would never, ever lay down roots. The potholes were literally 2 feet deep. I'm not exaggerating. Alaska is a trying, and yet satisfying place to live, but Kodiak is quite possibly the last place I'd stay.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 AM

82 posts, read 163,728 times
I know I know, but living in Oregon isn't working out. My Husband is a Journeyman plummer and when the new construction fell so did his job. He went to service plumbing something he didn't want to do but people didn't want to put the money out to get work done unless it was an emergency. He seen a listing on the oregon website for a job opening that turned out to be his old boss from 15yrs ago. ( He went to work for him back then when he was done commercial fishing.) So he called him and asked what the work was like there & he said he has more work then he knows what to do with. He sent him a plane ticket and he has been there a month now. I am waiting for the AlCan to clear and have enough money to drive there. I don't really want to go there but we have to go where the money is.

Shyeeyore

Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
I know I know, but living in Oregon isn't working out. My Husband is a Journeyman plummer and when the new construction fell so did his job. He went to service plumbing something he didn't want to do but people didn't want to put the money out to get work done unless it was an emergency. He seen a listing on the oregon website for a job opening that turned out to be his old boss from 15yrs ago. ( He went to work for him back then when he was done commercial fishing.) So he called him and asked what the work was like there & he said he has more work then he knows what to do with. He sent him a plane ticket and he has been there a month now. I am waiting for the AlCan to clear and have enough money to drive there. I don't really want to go there but we have to go where the money is.

Shyeeyore
Maybe after a bit he can look for employment at the slope, and then you can live where you choose, pretty much. I saw something the other day about someone hiring journeyman plumbers up there...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
I would definitely go for it shyeeyore. By the sounds of it, what do you have to lose. There is good and bad everywhere, no matter what state or country. If you don't like it there, you're that much closer to the main land of AK.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:17 PM

202 posts, read 821,087 times
Default tough situation

Quote:

Thanks,

Shyeeyore
I guess you know there's nothing in the classifieds or Craigslist allowing pets. You may have to make a tough decision to farm out the dogs or spend big bucks boarding them until you find a place. April and May are just about the worst time to look for housing as the seasonal crowd starts coming into town.
And Kodiak is one of the most beautiful places in the State of Alaska. Probably because of the copious amounts of rain, even in summer. If you enjoy outdoor activities, boating, hiking, fishing, camping, kayaking.... you'll love it.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkalaska View Post
I guess you know there's nothing in the classifieds or Craigslist allowing pets. You may have to make a tough decision to farm out the dogs or spend big bucks boarding them until you find a place. April and May are just about the worst time to look for housing as the seasonal crowd starts coming into town.
And Kodiak is one of the most beautiful places in the State of Alaska. Probably because of the copious amounts of rain, even in summer. If you enjoy outdoor activities, boating, hiking, fishing, camping, kayaking.... you'll love it.
When we came up, we had no problem renting from someone that didn't allow pets, called and explained what the situation was and put in their hands, and they decided we were responsible enough (at our ages) to have the dogs...and would rather rent than not, but was going into fall here on the peninsula with seasonal rentals and I think they would rather have guaranteed rent than not....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska