U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 PM

5,964 posts, read 7,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
Why is it almost every time someone makes a comment about Palin- her "supporters" seem to feel a need to deflect the focus and often make some ridiculous statement about President Obama? If you have to deflect off the topic, that isn't promoting Palin. Support would be defending her words and actions. If you can't do just that- then obviously your support for Palin is extremely weak and not based on facts.

What's your opinion of Sean Parnell? ( Never hear too much about him)
Well WHAT is the fascination with Palin??? She didn't win, she is not V.P. of the U.S. She is the Governor of Alaska so why so much concern with her. The things to be concerned with are the economy and what the current regime is doing. Why such ridiculous comments about her? And no, not a fan of hers, not a fan of either party.....just can't understand the pre-occupation with her? Some people need to get a life.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:50 PM

15,944 posts, read 15,532,093 times
Quote:
She is the Governor of Alaska so why so much concern with her.
The concern is not because she is the Gov. of AK but rather that she was a VP candidate who seems rather disposed to position herself as a player in the national political arena.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:25 PM

5,154 posts, read 9,071,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The concern is not because she is the Gov. of AK but rather that she was a VP candidate who seems rather disposed to position herself as a player in the national political arena.
Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of other governors have done it, including the prior two Presidents. What? Is someone afraid she might win at the national level?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I realize the concern is not because she is the Gov of AK., my point is that is her position for now. It's a bit ridiculous that people keep her name going. So if she is a player in 4 years they should worry about it then. Right now the main concern needs to be focused on the economy and getting out of this mess. And in all honesty, if she does become a key player her dimboism is really not any worse then Biden not knowing anything about the website he is over or the O with the 57 States. They are ALL one in the same is what people just don't realize.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of other governors have done it, including the prior two Presidents. What? Is someone afraid she might win at the national level?

I think you said it all right there, they obviously do fear she might run and win So many other things to be concerned about. Incredible!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:43 PM

15,944 posts, read 15,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post

I don't believe I said there was anything "wrong" with it; just that she is no longer a local personality specific to AK.

I think that some of them are afraid of her running and winning, sure.

I'm not. The Republican Party is done with her on a national level and the Libertarians are too smart to touch her. I'm sure she'll garner some wingnut 3rd party support should she try for POTUS in the future, but it won't be enough to win an election.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:58 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,284,095 times
From last night's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, this has got to be among the finest pieces on television in recent times -

Think Progress Jon Stewart unloads on CNBC’s Rick Santelli for ‘bail[ing] out’ of Daily Show appearance.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:14 PM

4,357 posts, read 8,377,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
By the time I am done the cereal box will be empty, and not only will we have run out of milk we will have eaten the cow. The goose that laid the Golden Egg? We ate her the first week in office. What can He say? He promised us CHANGE and all that's left us a penny, two nickles and a dime.
Thank george for that!
Remember, Clinton ruined a dress. Bush ruined a country!
It took Bush 8 years of ruining this country to the bottom of the pits. Do you think Obama can bring about change overnight? You people are dillusional!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,451,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Thank george for that!
It took Bush 8 years of ruining this country to the bottom of the pits. Do you think Obama can bring about change overnight? You people are dillusional!
Just as delusional are people who believe that ONE MAN or even ONE POLITICAL PARTY is responsible for the collapse, or conversely, that ONE MAN or ONE POLITICAL PARTY can change it.

Once again, Warpt said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
We're screwed no matter what...

Old 03-05-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Thank george for that!
Blondie, because of your caption under your name I looked at your profile since I've seen other postings on the Pet section. Gotta tell ya, your dogs are beautiful! BTW I signed for being "against" their ridiculous ban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska