Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,601,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icu2rn View Post
Where are you Floyd? haven't seen any posts in a few days. I do hope you are okay.
Oh, I'm just sitting back and enjoying this!

You don't need me any more, cause I have no experience at moving from the Lower-48 to Alaska that is anything timely. But Brian is the guy who does! He's a really good detail person too, so if you sort of reach over and tweek him a bit, he'll keep you busy with lots and lots of very helpful perspective!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,472,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Oh, I'm just sitting back and enjoying this!

You don't need me any more, cause I have no experience at moving from the Lower-48 to Alaska that is anything timely. But Brian is the guy who does! He's a really good detail person too, so if you sort of reach over and tweek him a bit, he'll keep you busy with lots and lots of very helpful perspective!
Looks like somebody fell out of the wrong side of the bed this morning... again....

If you have advice that is helpful, I am sure that it would be greatly appreciated to those that need any pointers in moving there. You have a lot of good local information that they would be thankful getting to make their move a lot easier.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Looks like somebody fell out of the wrong side of the bed this morning... again....
Well why didn't you just go back to bed and get enough sleep?

Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 AM

21,368 posts, read 37,903,237 times
Starlite and Floydy sitting in a tree............

Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM

21,368 posts, read 37,903,237 times
A-r-g-u-i-n-g....one is right the other is wrong please someone stop me cause this is a dumb song!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,160,069 times
*Kicks* warptman

Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 AM

6 posts, read 17,280 times
When you leave the airport, take an immediate right on the first road you come across. Then take the first left. Follow the road 'til you hit another stop sign, take a left. Keep driving 'til you see Alaska Airlines, decide whether you want to stay or not.
If you're working for ASNA though, they should have what they call an "expeditor" there to pick you up, but if I'm wrong, it should be another doctor. They should be able to help you out. But I'll try to be there and help you out as best as I can, IF I'm not too shy. I'll be the one wearing a baseball cap.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Steve View Post
When you leave the airport, take an immediate right on the first road you come across. Then take the first left. Follow the road 'til you hit another stop sign, take a left. Keep driving 'til you see Alaska Airlines, decide whether you want to stay or not.
If you're working for ASNA though, they should have what they call an "expeditor" there to pick you up, but if I'm wrong, it should be another doctor. They should be able to help you out. But I'll try to be there and help you out as best as I can, IF I'm not too shy. I'll be the one wearing a baseball cap.
I'm gonna go take pictures.

There'll be approximately 1/4 of the men in the terminal wearing baseball caps. And approximately 1/4 of the people getting off the plane will look like they could work for ASNA starting tomorrow.

It's gonna be interesting...

Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 PM

36 posts, read 108,535 times
Our flight arrives on Monday the 25th at 7:16 pm. I can't believe the date is finally drawing near. I can hardly wait to sit down and take a breath. I work my last shift here on the 20th and then have all the last minute things to get out of the way.

My husband John has done all of the packing and garage sale stuff and prioritizing and repacking and throwing things out and mailing things out to the kids and repacking and buying more things and repacking. When we get there I will be the one with the look of amazement saying OMG!!! John will be the one wearing the baseball cap.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu2rn View Post
Our flight arrives on Monday the 25th at 7:16 pm. I can't believe the date is finally drawing near. I can hardly wait to sit down and take a breath. I work my last shift here on the 20th and then have all the last minute things to get out of the way.

My husband John has done all of the packing and garage sale stuff and prioritizing and repacking and throwing things out and mailing things out to the kids and repacking and buying more things and repacking. When we get there I will be the one with the look of amazement saying OMG!!! John will be the one wearing the baseball cap.
LOL...I think the time went pretty fast, but I am here and you are there, I did what you are doing and now I can laugh???? Wishing you a good trip up Maybe ban caps?? then we could really wonder...as I have to check which one mine wore out the door when we leave or on the way, then can find him in the store, kind of like remembering where you parked the car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska