Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:23 PM

41 posts, read 84,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
ohhh Starlite9 thanks!!!
snakes...smakes, ice snakes..well my goodness.... beware people...Alaska has Moon Bat and Guido that you should fear more than the snakes!!!

Ok so I know what the "moonbat" thing is and what not...now, whats the joke with "Guido"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 05:31 PM

21,368 posts, read 37,903,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleenificus View Post
Warpt,

Toksook is great.
Isolated and unpredictable, but an excellent place to live.

I'll be in Bethel in a few weeks, will give you a call.
(Still need to go to the Snack Shack...)
This is the first time in years I've seen this many storms in a row. It's relentless! Looks like we have another one on it's way right after this, again!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:38 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,046,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryehenry View Post
Ok so I know what the "moonbat" thing is and what not...now, whats the joke with "Guido"?
Here is my advice to you...start at the beginning when Guido was first introduced. Find the thread entitled "Getting lost in the woods for two weeks" or some such begun by Lone-Traveler. Take the time (a few hours, give or take) and read the entire thread from beginning to end...but I warn you, do NOT have a drink in hand whilst reading...many a monitor was covered/ruined.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:54 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,282,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Here is my advice to you...start at the beginning when Guido was first introduced. Find the thread entitled "Getting lost in the woods for two weeks" or some such begun by Lone-Traveler. Take the time (a few hours, give or take) and read the entire thread from beginning to end...but I warn you, do NOT have a drink in hand whilst reading...many a monitor was covered/ruined.
O.My.Gawd.

Don't DO this, it's gonna come to life again!

Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,046,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
O.My.Gawd.

Don't DO this, it's gonna come to life again!
It's bloody 'movieous'

Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 PM

6,992 posts, read 12,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryehenry View Post
Guido is Nephlers pet rabid penguin...you do know that there is only one penguin in Alaska and it is Guido..... then again he does have relatives

snakes in Alaska-penguingun.jpg

Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM

153 posts, read 461,019 times
aww man... most of the pictures are gone

Shan

Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,282,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
It's bloody 'movieous'
Not to mention unmanagnaly.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,176,962 times
Snakes in Alaska. Sequel to "Snakes on a Plane"? Sounds like a movie title to me, and like 30 Days of Darkness, or whatever that piece of trash was called, will not be filmed in Alaska but in BC or WA.

Only the signs have been changed to protect the innocent.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:29 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,884,312 times
Well, we do have Big Foot (s) to contend with. See...it's very difficult to stay in shape during the long winters, so one must first understand the origins of Big Foot as explained by this person (below).
-----

Posted by Robert M Oregon
February 05, 1999

We North westerners have wondered for quite some time why the Pacific Northwest is the habitat of Bigfoot. Scientific evidence has recently come to light that shows these creatures have developed their large feet as a result of an evolutionary trend due mainly to climate conditions.

The rainy conditions that causes a layer of mud to cover much of the terrain, it has been discovered, has caused an adaptation to occur which allows Bigfoot to walk on the wet surface without becoming mired ankle deep and therefore stranded in the rush of oncoming mudslides. (This is supported by evidence of sightings of the Yeti, or more commonly, the Abominable Snowman in the Himalayas, whose feet have grown to snowshoe-size proportions. They are able then to scamper away from oncoming avalanches.)

Fossils have been found of a creature that pre-dates Bigfoot. This animal was known as Patella Rex, literally King Kneecap. Big Knee ruled the Northwest Rainforests when the climate was even wetter, and the mud was knee deep. Again, Indian legends speak of Big Knee with awe and reverence. Unfortunately, most records of this monster were lost in the Y1K hieroglyphics crash, when the now extinct Bark Bug demolished the bark libraries.

Scientists and other explorers are excited, however, by the recent discovery of two large smooth indentations nearly eight feet across, found in a sample of slaty mudstone that appear to predate even Big Knee. One of the researchers was quoted as saying; "This discovery clearly indicates the effect of climate on the evolutionary trend that leads us to Bigfoot. The Pacific Northwest was even wetter in the past, and we now have proof of the existence and origin of Big Butt."
------

That's what we have to contend with ("Big Butt"), which is a lot worst than snakes and mosquitos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska