Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:20 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times

Advertisements

The Mudflats » I’ll Get You My Pretty…and That Little Wolf Too! Palin’s War on Wildlife Continues… (http://www.themudflats.net/2009/03/13/ill-get-you-my-prettyand-that-little-wolf-too-palins-war-on-wildlife-continues/ - broken link)

Discuss.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 PM

380 posts, read 1,058,505 times
Focusing only on Palin's view on Wildlife and hunting is getting absurd, most western states-save for the ones on the coast all have a pro hunting attitude. She isn't an anomaly in her views. Stop just bashing her, and focus on what you really are advocating-a ban on hunting period. I am not going to get into the ethics of such, I am prohunting for those who do so and actually eat the meat, not too fond of trophy hunters. As for bears, in Virginia, you can shoot them on your property if they are messing with your crops-yes they hit orchards and corn fields with much gusto. If stopping bear hunting just for sport is your aim, then do so by focusing on it, bringing Palin into it(i am not a supporter or detractor of hers) just divides and loses sight of the issue.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:30 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Sweet! MAybe we can start hunting them in my area. We have way too many.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
Focusing only on Palin's view on Wildlife and hunting is getting absurd, most western states-save for the ones on the coast all have a pro hunting attitude. She isn't an anomaly in her views. Stop just bashing her, and focus on what you really are advocating-a ban on hunting period. I am not going to get into the ethics of such, I am prohunting for those who do so and actually eat the meat, not too fond of trophy hunters. As for bears, in Virginia, you can shoot them on your property if they are messing with your crops-yes they hit orchards and corn fields with much gusto. If stopping bear hunting just for sport is your aim, then do so by focusing on it, bringing Palin into it(i am not a supporter or detractor of hers) just divides and loses sight of the issue.
Nice post!! This is becoming a BIG PROBLEM with animal right activist they are veering from there cause.

Really wish animal activist would stick to the issue of stopping the animal abuse of many and not just those they hate.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:23 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
As for bears, in Virginia, you can shoot them on your property if they are messing with your crops-yes they hit orchards and corn fields with much gusto. If stopping bear hunting just for sport is your aim, then do so by focusing on it, bringing Palin into it(i am not a supporter or detractor of hers) just divides and loses sight of the issue.
Strangely enough here you can't shoot bears on your property & we actually do get brownies & blackies north of the city. Supposedly you have to call animal control & they will relocate the animal. If you shoot it you get heavily fined.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:09 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Me thinks your energy should be directed more toward your home states lack of ability to function verses Alaska of which you know nothing about my dear. Yes?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:38 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Quote:
Reps to you for a very well-stated post.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:08 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
As for bears you can shoot them on your property if they are messing with your crops
How about if they get into your CANNED CROPS????

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/canofcrops.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by stiffnecked; 03-14-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: forgot the can

Old 03-14-2009, 05:23 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Now that the boys and girls under 10 have had their say, I invite the adults to discuss the actual issue.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:45 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Now that the boys and girls under 10 have had their say, I invite the adults to discuss the actual issue.
Can you tell me WHY you are so obsessed with Palin??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska