Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 07:52 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
It's all about ideology with him and those other leftist lemmings at the Times. People that deal in the realm of facts and reality know this. Please, just drop this crap and quit spewing your inane liberal dung. Those of us who aren't O-bots know what's going on.

Oh, I seem to recall that Al Gore got a Nobel Prize for being a clueless liar regarding that fraud known as "climate change". The Nobel isn't nearly as prestigious as it used to be because it's been tainted by politics.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:59 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Sounds a bit like what our Celebrity-in-Chief is trying to pull, doesn't it?

Also, a freakin' sitting president going on a late-night comedy show. What a fraud.
The excuse is that going on Late Night he gets his word out....

What kind of kool aid is his handlers drinking, the president has to do nothing but mumble in front of the press and it is in print and on the tube in minutes. Going on that "Comedy" format makes the President look like a joke to the rest of the World...

One thing to get elected, it is another to do it when you are....

But he has been so far, nothing less than a paper tiger.... The teleprompter pretty much proves that, and the lack of using one...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

What kind of kool aid is his handlers drinking, the president has to do nothing but mumble in front of the press and it is in print and on the tube in minutes. Going on that "Comedy" format makes the President look like a joke to the rest of the World...

But he has been so far, nothing less than a paper tiger.... The teleprompter pretty much proves that, and the lack of using one...
It was fantastic that he went on Jay Leno. It shows the man is comfortable in every kind of situation unlike the fratboy who hid behind his handlers. And boy did I love that slam of ******** Cheney in last night's 60 Minutes segment. I look forward to President O's appearance on David Letterman if and when that happens.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 AM

411 posts, read 961,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
It was fantastic that he went on Jay Leno. It shows the man is comfortable in every kind of situation unlike the fratboy who hid behind his handlers. And boy did I love that slam of ******** Cheney in last night's 60 Minutes segment. I look forward to President O's appearance on David Letterman if and when that happens.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 PM

So, the latest is that the Palinator is taking the stimulus money. I guess it is, "tenks, but no tenks, but tenks anyway." Ha ha ha.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...bs-fodder.html

Old 03-23-2009, 01:30 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

What kind of kool aid are his handlers drinking, the president has to do nothing but mumble in front of the press and it is in print and on the tube in minutes. Going on that "Comedy" format makes the President look like a joke to the rest of the World...

I think that Obama himself is a distraction. I think that "his" policy is being formulated by the advisors that have been chosen for him. The policy that they are putting forward seems to have nothing to do with the changes that Obama spoke of during his campaign. I think that once upon a time there were a group of people who wanted radical change to come to the US. They wanted to erase this country's nation identity & replace it with something more globalist in nature. A North American Union modelled after the European Union was the blueprint for this change. But they needed a president who would be seen as a man of the people. They had tried with other presidents & they had slowly laid the groundwork, but time was starting to run out. By controlling the media these people could make Americans jump this way & that. They could get them to believe anything or nothing at all. During the 2008 election there was an incredible amount of coverage of Obama. Any coverage of McCain was mostly negative & Ron Paul was marganilized as a kook. People were conditioned to believe that Obama would restore the country, make it economically sound & bring back American principles. In short these people told the media what would play best with the populace & condition them to believe that they were choosing the right candidate. McCain helped this notion along by saying that he believed in Bush & that he would continue Bush's policies. He must've known that he wouldn't win. I can't figure out what he was promised though. I think that Ron Paul would've been elected president if he had been given equal coverage by the media. I think that Ron Paul could've stopped the globalization of the US & set us back on a path of democracy. So anything that Obama himself says or does, to me, is nothing more than entertainment. Its the people behind him that are the dangerous ones. Obama seems like a guy you could hang out with and shoot the breeze over a few beers then head back to his place & fire up the grill. But as a politician...

Old 03-23-2009, 01:32 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,998,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I think that Obama himself is a distraction. I think that "his" policy is being formulated by the advisors that have been chosen for him. The policy that they are putting forward seems to have nothing to do with the changes that Obama spoke of during his campaign. I think that once upon a time there were a group of people who wanted radical change to come to the US. They wanted to erase this country's nation identity & replace it with something more globalist in nature. A North American Union modelled after the European Union was the blueprint for this change. But they needed a president who would be seen as a man of the people. They had tried with other presidents & they had slowly laid the groundwork, but time was starting to run out. By controlling the media these people could make Americans jump this way & that. They could get them to believe anything or nothing at all. During the 2008 election there was an incredible amount of coverage of Obama. Any coverage of McCain was mostly negative & Ron Paul was marganilized as a kook. People were conditioned to believe that Obama would restore the country, make it economically sound & bring back American principles. In short these people told the media what would play best with the populace & condition them to believe that they were choosing the right candidate. McCain helped this notion along by saying that he believed in Bush & that he would continue Bush's policies. He must've known that he wouldn't win. I can't figure out what he was promised though. I think that Ron Paul would've been elected president if he had been given equal coverage by the media. I think that Ron Paul could've stopped the globalization of the US & set us back on a path of democracy. So anything that Obama himself says or does, to me, is nothing more than entertainment. Its the people behind him that are the dangerous ones. Obama seems like a guy you could hang out with and shoot the breeze over a few beers then head back to his place & fire up the grill. But as a politician...
Nice post Chris. I just ran across this excellent article.

Democracy in Europe by Alexander Benard on National Review Online

Old 03-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I think that Obama himself is a distraction. I think that "his" policy is being formulated by the advisors that have been chosen for him. The policy that they are putting forward seems to have nothing to do with the changes that Obama spoke of during his campaign.
Utter and total hooey. Most of the domestic charter Obama has drawn up follows directly from his campaign promises. He has had to tread the Guantanamo & Iraq mess (created by fratboy) more gingerly but that is understandable.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Utter and total hooey. Most of the domestic charter Obama has drawn up follows directly from his campaign promises. He has had to tread the Guantanamo & Iraq mess (created by fratboy) more gingerly but that is understandable.
Aww ince if you were a girl I'd be thinking you were sweet on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska