Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times

Advertisements

Time to pick up some Beta C drums too, Rance.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Looks like the DoD might have backed down under all the heat: Dear Loyal Customers
Well, that's good news.

Unfortunately, give Eric "we are all cowards" Holder and Barry "I've never seen a regulation I didn't like" Obama time. They'll find some way to screw us. Oh, that's right, they already are!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
I was on the phone today with Kittery Trading Post in Maine regarding a 44mag they have on their website and the fellow told me that they were overwhelmed with the amount of ammo orders and can't keep up. I think it is time to buy reloading equipment and stock pile what we can before our illustrious (in their minds) gov. takes away our rights and supplies.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,487,963 times
Default the other thing to watch

The other thing to watch is how they're playing up the "US gun connection" in the Mexican drug war. Their obediant slaves in the media are already blaming America for the fact that the cocaine cartels are shooting each other up. You watch, they'll try to base the next round of gun bans on the fact that some guns found at Mexican crime scenes were bought in the U.S.

Somehow the fact that Mexican customs officials are a bunch of lazy, corrupt criminals themselves doesn't seem to play into the equation at all.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
The other thing to watch is how they're playing up the "US gun connection" in the Mexican drug war. Their obediant slaves in the media are already blaming America for the fact that the cocaine cartels are shooting each other up. You watch, they'll try to base the next round of gun bans on the fact that some guns found at Mexican crime scenes were bought in the U.S.

Somehow the fact that Mexican customs officials are a bunch of lazy, corrupt criminals themselves doesn't seem to play into the equation at all.
Yeah, that twit Holder is already trying to play that card. It's amazing the lengths that these liberals will go to in order to deprive us of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,147,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post

There's an interview with, I think, the Mexican Minister for Justice or some such... think it's Brian Ross, but I could be wrong, it was just something that caught my eye on the internet and I watched it. In the interview the Minister is none too coy about blaming the US for "supplying" the weapons, and, ergo, apparently since it's all our fault, we need to clean up the mess. Suddenly the blood bath is a US responsibility and he claims there's a "moral obligation" as well.

During the 10 or so minute program, it shows a roadshow the Mexican government puts on for locals - tables of confiscated weapons, etc. - to show its citizens just how effective their police force is. People can come see the drug lord's bag of tricks ... and go away happy and feel safe one presumes.

What's far more interesting is a letter written by a Marine (ret?) posted beneath the screen pointing out the particular types of guns showcased in said roadshow and well as other gadgets including grenade launchers, are not legally for sale in the US. The drug barons did not just stroll across the border and pick these weapons up at your local gun shop. It was a fact that had - oops - somehow or another managed not to be highlighted during the show either.

Not to be watched by any suffering from high blood-pressure. (because if you weren't before, you will be after). The Marine's letter is most definitely worth a read.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
There's an interview with, I think, the Mexican Minister for Justice or some such... think it's Brian Ross, but I could be wrong, it was just something that caught my eye on the internet and I watched it. In the interview the Minister is none too coy about blaming the US for "supplying" the weapons, and, ergo, apparently since it's all our fault, we need to clean up the mess. Suddenly the blood bath is a US responsibility and he claims there's a "moral obligation" as well.

During the 10 or so minute program, it shows a roadshow the Mexican government puts on for locals - tables of confiscated weapons, etc. - to show its citizens just how effective their police force is. People can come see the drug lord's bag of tricks ... and go away happy and feel safe one presumes.

What's far more interesting is a letter written by a Marine (ret?) posted beneath the screen pointing out the particular types of guns showcased in said roadshow and well as other gadgets including grenade launchers, are not legally for sale in the US. The drug barons did not just stroll across the border and pick these weapons up at your local gun shop. It was a fact that had - oops - somehow or another managed not to be highlighted during the show either.

Not to be watched by any suffering from high blood-pressure. (because if you weren't before, you will be after). The Marine's letter is most definitely worth a read.
Those gangs are getting the weapons from corrupt Mexican military and police personnel. Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder must think most Americans are dimwits.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
I was on the phone today with Kittery Trading Post in Maine regarding a 44mag they have on their website and the fellow told me that they were overwhelmed with the amount of ammo orders and can't keep up. I think it is time to buy reloading equipment and stock pile what we can before our illustrious (in their minds) gov. takes away our rights and supplies.
I was wondering if anyone here reloads.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:36 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I'm wondering if this is just a smoking gun for the US military to pacify Mexico?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:04 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
Dang Bubba, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but....hollow point bullets do not explode! If someone recalled every hollow point that didn't explode, then, that would be ALL of them. They are hollow, they mushroom out, they do not explode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska