U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,488,608 times
I'm a Springstein fan, darn it. LOL

Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,846,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
I'm a Springstein fan, darn it. LOL
His older tunes are good, but the SuperBowl performance was a bit over the top.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,932,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
His older tunes are good, but the SuperBowl performance was a bit over the top.
Agreed. He's going to be 60 this year for goodness' sake. Give it up Bruce before you break your hip.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,000,240 times
Default mandatory horsewhipping

Human milk ice cream?!? Sea kittens?!? I advocate a mandatory horsewhipping for each and every PETA-type moo-ron who trumpets another one of these stoopid ideas to their willing co-conspirators in the media. What the heck, to be charitable we'll even use a synthetic horsewhip, made of cruelty-free organic vegan-friendly faux-pleather in the simulated snakeskin color of their choice.

And yes, someone PLEASE make "the boss" retire before he pops an aneurism on stage. It's almost as bad as watching Mick Jagger and his liver-spotted, bloated lips stagger onto the stage with HIS walker. Perhaps the good folks at Hover-round or Depends can sponsor their next tour together.

BTW, what's the smiley you use for "just thinking of this makes me want to puke?"

Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,932,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Human milk ice cream?!? Sea kittens?!? I advocate a mandatory horsewhipping for each and every PETA-type moo-ron who trumpets another one of these stoopid ideas to their willing co-conspirators in the media.

What the heck, to be charitable we'll even use a synthetic horsewhip, made of cruelty-free organic vegan-friendly faux-pleather in the simulated snakeskin color of their choice.

And yes, someone PLEASE make "the boss" retire before he pops an aneurism on stage. It's almost as bad as watching Mick Jagger and his liver-spotted, bloated lips stagger onto the stage with HIS walker. Perhaps the good folks at Hover-round or Depends can sponsor their next tour together.

BTW, what's the smiley you use for "just thinking of this make me want to puke?"
ROFL! My mother-in-law has a fur coat and I would give anything to be around if one of those idiots tried to throw something on her. It wouldn't be pretty, to put it mildly. Thank God we have enough money stashed to bail me out.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 AM

4,163 posts, read 5,846,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Human milk ice cream?!? Sea kittens?!? I advocate a mandatory horsewhipping for each and every PETA-type moo-ron who trumpets another one of these stoopid ideas to their willing co-conspirators in the media. What the heck, to be charitable we'll even use a synthetic horsewhip, made of cruelty-free organic vegan-friendly faux-pleather in the simulated snakeskin color of their choice.

BTW, what's the smiley you use for "just thinking of this makes me want to puke?"
Will this suit?
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4079/106.gif (broken link)

Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,457,936 times
Channel 2 ran a story last night about Dr. Lou Packer, the musher who got caught in a whiteout and lost two dogs. It was a very riveting interview. Of course there are some who would blame him for not checking his Sirius-XM/Satellite/GPS/Early-Warning/Radar/GPS/Weather/Bat-Phone for continuous updates, but those of us who live in the real world know better.

KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | Iditarod musher recounts harrowing experience that killed 2 dogs

Old 03-25-2009, 02:22 PM

8,672 posts, read 9,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Channel 2 ran a story last night about Dr. Lou Packer, the musher who got caught in a whiteout and lost two dogs. It was a very riveting interview. Of course there are some who would blame him for not checking his Sirius-XM/Satellite/GPS/Early-Warning/Radar/GPS/Weather/Bat-Phone for continuous updates, but those of us who live in the real world know better.

KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | Iditarod musher recounts harrowing experience that killed 2 dogs
And to top it off, he is an anesthesiologist...and seems to be truly upset over the experience of losing the dogs...after experiencing injuries himself..

Old 03-25-2009, 02:25 PM

15,956 posts, read 15,553,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Quit feeding the trolls people!
What trolls? In the latter part of this thread I see a few people having a difference of opinion, with some good points being made on both sides and with both sides presenting some good information. I don't believe summerlane to be a troll and it's getting a little old around here that everyone who differs from the status quo is referred to as a "troll".

That isn't what AK is about; everyone being of the same little opinion.

I don't see Blondie et al here, but then I haven't read the last couple of pages yet. Let's save the term troll for the likes of her.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,460,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
ROFL! My mother-in-law has a fur coat and I would give anything to be around if one of those idiots tried to throw something on her. It wouldn't be pretty, to put it mildly. Thank God we have enough money stashed to bail me out.
Take a look at a video of animals being tortured & killed just for that fur coat...you might change your mind. I'm not a member of PETA but what they do to animals just for a piece of crap fur coat is beyond disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska