Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 06:27 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times

Advertisements

Was that sea kitty spade or neutered?

Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlane1981 View Post
Thanks for FINALLY answering my question. 'preciate it. now that wasn't hard, was it?
ahhh...okay...who answered your ???....we can tend to "ring around the issue!!" this is a fun forum with fun lov'n people who caaaannn get a bit crotchety at times and vocal.... opinionated...of well we're who we are!!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:31 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Was that sea kitty spade or neutered?
if it twere neutered twould be a sea doggie!!!???

Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,297 times
Hey all,
Been lurking on the Alaska thread for a while, why...I don't know, but everyone here is interesting!
1st think the Iditarod is an amazing feat and it should stay as it is. They have the checks and balances in place to take care problems. Peta should keep their nose out of it and worry about bigger problems like the sea kittens! Which taste very good with tatar I might say.
Just wanted to pipe in as I'm from NJ (sorry can't help that right now) and wanted you to know there is at least one Alaskaphile here.
As to the weather forecasting, I have friends with NOAA and they would be the first to admit that a forecast is a guess. And depending on the area it could be a good guess or a crapshoot.
(If you don't believe please check the hurricane trajectory patterns put up when a big one is heading in..they are all over the place).
Well that all....on and don't forget the tatziki for the gyros.
Jerseykat

Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,602,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
At least not black people. I remember the interview with people in an Alaskan bar who said they don't have anything against blacks, they just don't want them up there
I have heard that much more often in Atlanta and Birmingham than I did in Alaska. In fact, I have heard stories from tourists of much more outright racism in Ferragudo,Algave at the restuarants where they refuse service to black and oriental people.

Racism exists everywhere and if you try hard enough you can uncover it.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:47 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Take a look at a video of animals being tortured & killed just for that fur coat...you might change your mind. I'm not a member of PETA but what they do to animals just for a piece of crap fur coat is beyond disgusting.
I could care less.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
Hey all,
Been lurking on the Alaska thread for a while, why...I don't know, but everyone here is interesting!
1st think the Iditarod is an amazing feat and it should stay as it is. They have the checks and balances in place to take care problems. Peta should keep their nose out of it and worry about bigger problems like the sea kittens! Which taste very good with tatar I might say.
Just wanted to pipe in as I'm from NJ (sorry can't help that right now) and wanted you to know there is at least one Alaskaphile here.
As to the weather forecasting, I have friends with NOAA and they would be the first to admit that a forecast is a guess. And depending on the area it could be a good guess or a crapshoot.
(If you don't believe please check the hurricane trajectory patterns put up when a big one is heading in..they are all over the place).
Well that all....on and don't forget the tatziki for the gyros.
Jerseykat
Welcome Jerseykat. Glad to here there is some sanity out your way after all!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I assure you that "quickly" forming weather patterns can be detected by satelite.....if the mushers were already on the trail those commanding the "check points" had radio contact and could have been given warnings to pass on....are you telling me those running this event neglected to inform those running the check points of this quickly forming weather pattern so they could inform the mushers ?.....no one made the decision to "suspend " the race temporarily for the weather to clear so the mushers and animals could compete safetly ?......no one sent out motorized help units on the trail to help those caught in this weather ?....sounds like a colossal clusterf**k to me....whos in charge up there ???
Not sure, hear it is some dude from Jersey.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
To some people, including myself, a dog, or any other animal, is just like a child and just as important. I do not have children, and never will, but my dogs are my children and as important as any other living being. If on of my dogs is bad, I smack them on the ass, just like I would with a child, and NO it is not cruel to give them a good smack, child or dog.

It is very sad that dogs are lost at times in the race, but 99.99% of the time the owner did everything in his/her power to save or protect the dog from harm.
I have known several people who have made that same statement, and then when they have children they realize just how stupid it was.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlane1981 View Post
Please, any other animal lovers on here who have children, tell me there is no difference between losing your pet and losing your child.
HUGE difference. No comparison. Zilch. Nada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska