Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
I have a goofy "friend" (use the term loosly) who's outhouse was built over a hole with a 50-gallon drum. Drum got full so she decided it needed some holes in the bottom so it could drain. Got out her 30-06, pointed straight into the ....um....pit...and pulled the trigger.
Whatever your mind conjures up right about now would be right about right.
Gives a whole new meaning to the old phrase 'shooting the s**t'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Is outhouse tipping like cow tipping?
Well, kinda, just with more species of feces, so to speak.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,648 times
No updates from LT.....Must 'ave found himself a trove of outhouses. Maybe he stumbled upon an early season county fair.....or a construction site

Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
No updates from LT.....Must 'ave found himself a trove of outhouses. Maybe he stumbled upon an early season county fair.....or a construction site
Maybe he had to stop and 'go' and somebody was waiting and .....oops, sorry LT, didn't mean for it to splash you so hard

Old 03-26-2009, 07:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
What's weird is I was just thinking about LoneTraveler just a couple days ago & then here he is. Doo doo do do... Or maybe I should say Dobee Dobee Doooo, like the scary penguin.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
He may have inadvertently found out the difference between a port-a-potty verses an outhouse with a hole in the ground....

He is waiting for someone to throw him a lifeline....

Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Hmmm....must still be winter, 'cuz we are all pretty bored to be talking about outhouses!
Anyway, this thread reminds me of when I was a young guy working with a crew building campgrounds in Alaska...back in the late 60's. One day I had to, uh, "go"...so went into this wooden outhouse the Forest Service had built in the campground. All of a sudden I heard some noises outside, and then on the roof, then some giggling, snickering, loud guffawing, and then rapidly receding footsteps.

Suddenly: KA-BOOOOOM! KA-BOOOOOM! My co-workers had thought it a good idea to climb up on the outhouse roof, light two cherry bombs, and toss them down the vent pipe...(which, of course, led all the way down and through the bottem of the floor, into the area where the, uh, "poo" was. Use your imagination for what followed...
Nasty business having those blow off right under you...

Bud

Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM

19 posts, read 60,554 times
Within the last year I've had a patient paralyzed from outhouse tipping. Family thought it would be a joke! Pt fell over & head got jammed in corner with a broken neck.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:42 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Speaking of outhouses, anybody here see "Slumdog Millionaire"? What did you think of THOSE outhouses! (don't look down) Are those for real? Yech!

Bud

Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,487,743 times
Default porta-potty forest

Back when I was stationed in Germany in the Army you could always find where units were located in the field because of the forests of blue porta-potties that would spring up overnight. The fastidious Germans insisted on them, couldn't have us digging old-fashioned latrines in their tidy fields and woodlands, after all. It was pretty funny, the tents and vehicles and such would be tucked away under camoflauge nets in the brush, virtually impossible to see from the air....and right next door, dozens of bright blue plastic "palaces". We had to lease them from contractors, and they stood out like the proverbial sore thumb. BTW, if you've never used one of those while decked out in web gear, helmet, chemical suit, and the various and sundry military paraphenalia it's a considerable logistical challenge in their cramped confines... and LORD FORBID you drop anything down the glory hole, especially your weapon!

I was flying AH-1S Cobra attack helicopters at the time, a Vietnam-era gunship upgraded to carry TOW anti-tank missiles. It was a pretty heavy aircraft, we topped out at about 10,000 pounds gross weight. As you might imagine, the downdraft from one of these hovering around was pretty significant...a factor that would come into play in an ugly way on a REFORGER exercise in the mid-eighties.

I happened to end up flying out to the field exercise a day or so late, courtesy of mechanical problems back at the base. Right before sunset, I finally found the unit I was assigned to and circled around looking for a good landing site. I tried a couple spots that ended up being too soggy, the skids were sinking too deep into the mud. Eventually a lieutenant walked out and directed me to land right next to the blue forest, one of the only flat spots in the area and fairly close to a road. I had earlier rejected the spot because it was too close to the crappers, but he was insistant. Long story short, by the time the skids were on the ground ALL the porta potties in that area were scattered like jackstraws, rolling over and over across the ground. Worse...they had been well-used but not emptied yet.

You can imagine what the insides looked like, sorta reminiscent of certain Jackson Pollack paintings with a decidedly more scatalogical bent. After they had all been flipped back upright there was an intermittant parade of soldiers tramping up to one, opening up the door, and rearing back in disgust and amazement. The contractor that finally showed up to pump them out had a few choice words to say as well, and just packed them up on a flatbed truck and never returned. Needless to say, I was NOT a popular man around there, even though it really wasn't my fault. We did get to practice digging those old-fashioned latrines, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska