U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
 
Location: ... wish u were here.
2,222 posts, read 1,904,650 times
Reputation: 524

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I would probably like to go about half the distance and then fly the rest.
Once it can ride by train. On the one hand, there is a lot of impressions, but on the other hand it's so tired, and the time-pity. And then it'll be better to fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2009, 03:36 PM
 
Location: ... wish u were here.
2,222 posts, read 1,904,650 times
Reputation: 524
Gdude, What kind of curriculum you most like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,268 posts, read 3,203,011 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Gdude, What kind of curriculum you most like?

I can't really choose because I like Math, History, Grammar and Science in different aspects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 05:04 PM
 
Location: ... wish u were here.
2,222 posts, read 1,904,650 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I can't really choose because I like Math, History, Grammar and Science in different aspects.
I'm interested whether there is any difference in the school programs of Russia and the United States. For example, what topic of math do you pass now? Is there mathematical analysis in your program of study?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,268 posts, read 3,203,011 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
I'm interested whether there is any difference in the school programs of Russia and the United States. For example, what topic of math do you pass now? Is there mathematical analysis in your program of study?

I am in 10th Grade and taking Geometry.

Mathmatical Analysis sounds like Upper Level Math which usually starts in your senior year of High School up through College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
 
Location: ... wish u were here.
2,222 posts, read 1,904,650 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I am in 10th Grade and taking Geometry.

Mathmatical Analysis sounds like Upper Level Math which usually starts in your senior year of High School up through College.
Got it. As for our secondary education so not quite so. If more precise, the beginning of mathematical analysis is taught at the last form of russian secondary schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,268 posts, read 3,203,011 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Got it. As for our secondary education so not quite so. If more precise, the beginning of mathematical analysis is taught at the last form of russian secondary schools.

No wonder why Russians are so smart.

My friend Stanislav( From Russia) is in like 4 AP classes. I am in 0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 PM
 
Location: ... wish u were here.
2,222 posts, read 1,904,650 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
No wonder why Russians are so smart.
My friend Stanislav( From Russia) is in like 4 AP classes. I am in 0
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the structure of secondary schools in the United States. For example, now in Russia's secondary school has 11 grades. Children start learning from 7 years old from grade 1 to grade 11. But it must be admitted that the early Soviet education was much more quality and efficiency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,268 posts, read 3,203,011 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the structure of secondary schools in the United States. For example, now in Russia's secondary school has 11 grades. Children start learning from 7 years old from grade 1 to grade 11. But it must be admitted that the early Soviet education was much more quality and efficiency.

In the United States it is generally excepted that:

1st-5th grades is Elementary/Secondary School

6th-8th grades is Middle School

9th-12th grades is High School.


The quality and efficieny of education in the United States extremely varies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
 
Location: ... wish u were here.
2,222 posts, read 1,904,650 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
In the United States it is generally excepted that:
1st-5th grades is Elementary/Secondary School
6th-8th grades is Middle School
9th-12th grades is High School.
The quality and efficieny of education in the United States extremely varies.
Thank you very much! What age do students learn in Elementary / Secondary School, in Middle School and High School? And what are 4AP classes, 0 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top