Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 03:33 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,363 times

Advertisements

Well, on my 1950 Esquire Girl calendar June is a wonderfull month!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 03:42 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,458,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Good Afternoon Alaska!!
Happy June Lyuty!
Thanks Gdude! However you will be in happy June tomorrow too

Last edited by Лютый; 05-31-2009 at 04:03 PM..

Old 05-31-2009, 04:35 PM

127 posts, read 346,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
It's interesting, what does Russian language seem to English-speaking people?
I love the Russian language! It's one of the few I'd love to learn. I could listen all day. . .of course, it would be better if I could actually understand it!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:10 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Well I would have to do it the only. I'd like to ask you one thing. Do you realy live in Anchorage?
No, I live South of Fairbanks by a town called Nenana. But I work all over the State either fixing boats/ships as the Chief Engineer or working on Oil Spill cleanup as a supervisor (bigger ones) since our company does both.

But for right now I am in Anchorage getting the smaller boat fleet (40 feet or so) ready for work up North in the Oil Fields, these boats will being doing research on the whales and logging polar bear sightings as they are seen (a couple a day) as they swim back and forth to the ice and beach with reachers watching them as they have been doing for the last few years.

We are installing a "Forward Looking Infrared Radar" on the boats for spotting Whales and other warm bodies that are out of the water for brief moments.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
Quote:
Thanks Gdude! However you will be in happy June tomorrow too
I certainly will be on June 2nd! I am going to a 2 day long birthday party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stropes View Post
I love the Russian language! It's one of the few I'd love to learn. I could listen all day. . .of course, it would be better if I could actually understand it!

My friend Stanislav speaks Russian outside school and hearing him speak Russian sounds so cool. I would love to learn a little Russian.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I certainly will be on June 2nd! I am going to a 2 day long birthday party!
I congratulate you before because I'm not sure I would have the opportunity to visit this forum in your birthday. I wish you have a good Northern (Alaskan&Chukotkan) Health and let all your dreams come true !!!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:34 PM

127 posts, read 346,725 times
Quote:
My friend Stanislav speaks Russian outside school and hearing him speak Russian sounds so cool. I would love to learn a little Russian.
Sounds like you have a personal teacher if you wanted one!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Well I could never think it so ... By the way nice to hear it. Gdude, you can offer him the link of the Russian forum I have said you about.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stropes View Post
Well I afford repeat that I could never think it so ... By the way nice to hear it. If you want I can offer you the link of the good free Russian forum.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:20 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,363 times
I bet written Russian looks a lot like Chinese to many people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska