Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Hi Lyuty!!
Hi, Gdude! Nice "to meet" you again here! How your doing? Hope you are OK. As for me so I spend my vacation with my son Denis (he is 15 years old) in Ukraine. Well, what can I say? Simplly saying, resting is not working, however
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,055,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Hi, Gdude! Nice "to meet" you again here! How your doing? Hope you are OK. As for me so I spend my vacation with my son Denis (he is 15 years old) in Ukraine. Well, what can I say? Simplly saying, resting is not working, however

I am doing great!

I never knew you had a son!

Tell him I said hey!

Have fun!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,777,091 times
Lyuty, what is the general mood in Ukraine about the Euro 2012? Will they get the infrastructure ready or will it be Vilnus only? (to all American friends not in the know, Euro 2012 is the soccer championships, hosting for 2012 was awarded to Poland and Ukraine. Poland seems to be doing well with the required arena and infrastructure construction, however Ukraine did not get a jump start on it and is now badly plagued by the worldwide financial crisis).

Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,055,097 times
Euro 2012 is like the European Cup. Italy was almost where it was going to be held but the committee that was in charge of where Euro 2012 was going to be chose Poland and Ukraine. In hopes of all the things that would be built/needed for Euro 2012 would stimulate the economy in those respective countries.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:48 PM

21 posts, read 70,505 times
What's the cheapest way to leave Alaska? I've been wanting to leave for home for sometime back to my homestate of Oregon. It's the end of July and already snow on the mountains. Ugh! We who've lived in Alaska know winter will soon be here. Do you think flying out or driving is the cheapest. And how much money do you have to have to get by Canadian Mounties these days! I

Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 PM

21 posts, read 70,505 times
What's the cheapest way to leave Alaska? I've been wanting to leave for home for sometime back to my homestate of Oregon. It's the end of July and already snow on the mountains. Ugh! We who've lived in Alaska know winter will soon be here. Do you think flying out or driving is the cheapest. And how much money do you have to have to get by Canadian Mounties these days! I live in the Matsu Valley. It's beautiful here don't get me wrong but I just want to go home to Oregon where the winters are more mild and cost of living not so high. And be closer to the Oregon Coast. I've lived in Alaska 11 years now but I will always have my webfeet. You can get a three bedroom house in Oregon for what I pay for a one bedroom in Alaska. Plus, they don't have 10 months of winter!

Former Oregonian!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:30 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,428,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetmenots& Roses View Post
What's the cheapest way to leave Alaska? I've been wanting to leave for home for sometime back to my homestate of Oregon. It's the end of July and already snow on the mountains. Ugh! We who've lived in Alaska know winter will soon be here. Do you think flying out or driving is the cheapest. And how much money do you have to have to get by Canadian Mounties these days! I live in the Matsu Valley. It's beautiful here don't get me wrong but I just want to go home to Oregon where the winters are more mild and cost of living not so high. And be closer to the Oregon Coast. I've lived in Alaska 11 years now but I will always have my webfeet. You can get a three bedroom house in Oregon for what I pay for a one bedroom in Alaska. Plus, they don't have 10 months of winter!

Former Oregonian!
To get past the Canadian Mounties you need a passport and then to get into Oregon you've got to have the passport. If you are going alone I'd check the airlines; tickets aren't too bad right now. But if you want to take your vehicle, then you'd have to ship it and that isn't cheap. So with a car I'd say drive it as long as it's in good shape. If you leave the end of July and even August you should not have any problems with snow.

We drove down from AK to the midwest last September and didn't have any problems.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,106,585 times
A medivac Caravan is off the runway in Kipnuk.

Aviation Camera Home - Federal Aviation Administration - (Monday, 07/27/09)

Click on Southwest Alaska and then scroll down to Kipnuk.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,777,091 times
Quote:
When the giant vessel Sapphire Princess docked at Vancouver after a trip to Alaska, it was found to have something remarkable impaled on its bow: a fin whale, the second biggest whale species after the blue whale, and thus the second biggest animal on the planet. This example was about 70ft long and weighed about 70 tonnes.
But even such dimensions are no protection against a ship almost 1,000ft in length and weighing in at 116,000 tonnes – and that's before the passengers get on and start eating ice cream.
The Sapphire Princess may have struck the whale in Alaskan waters and carried it unknowingly wedged on the bow back to Canada.
70-tonne whale meets its match after collision with cruise ship - Nature, Environment - The Independent

Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I
I never knew you had a son!

Tell him I said hey!

Have fun!
My son Denis saies HI to you now. We have just seen your new foto with a lot of girls in your profile. As for my son so he has liked it of cause ... As for me so I'd like to ask you ... where is your "old" girl-friend"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska